1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Just Curious

Discussion in 'Busse Combat Knives' started by Boru13, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Boru13

Boru13 Moderator Moderator

Apr 23, 2005
    I received my two TGLB that i had on order this past Friday, both are outstanding and many thanks to Naomi for putting up with all my questions and my every two week updates :D

What i was curious about though is this, one is the CF and the other has the black coated blade, the CF blade is noticeably thicker than the black blade, i would have thought that the coated blade would have looked or been thicker due to the thickness of the coating.

Anyone have any ideas or thoughts on this ?

2. uyotg

uyotg Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 5, 2010
    I would measure it first. "Noticeably" is subjective, and there's a thickness spec for the knife so there should be some consistency (even though that spec is "approximately 1/4 inch" :p). Have you taken a caliper to it?

3. stjones

stjones Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 23, 2010
    Black is very slimming! :p

4. Czechmate

Czechmate

Feb 24, 2011
    Curiosity killed the cat, right?.... :)

Glad you found some TG's Carl, you've love em even more once you start using them! I've noticed some variation between busse & kin stated thicknesses; it's never been that much that it was worth worrying about it though... Once you get into the .290+ thick blades it gets even more fun!

5. Boru13

Boru13 Moderator Moderator

Apr 23, 2005
    Thanks for the info Evan, much appreciated :)

Wasn't worried about it at all, just curious... i actually prefer the thinner one, feels better in my hand.

Hell i like them so much i'm gonna call and order at least one more tomorrow :D