1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

just ordered my first spyderco

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by reiko1078, Jun 20, 2012.

1. reiko1078

reiko1078

Sep 1, 2011
    just ordered my first spyderco knife, a persistence. other then the few custom fixed blades i made myself and a crkt i found on the ground at the bar, ive never really had a nice production knife. ive been carrying my crkt for the past few months and ive always liked the look of spydercos so i figured id give it a shot. nothing too crazy for my first but ive watched a lot of good reviews on it. cant wait for it to be delivered!

2. reiko1078

reiko1078

Sep 1, 2011
    got my persistence today. shipping was fast from knifehog. this is a real nice knife and came super sharp out of the box. now i just need to try and keep it that way. im super new at sharpening and usually make my knives duller then before.

3. 1623

Jul 5, 2011
    The Persistence is a nice, stout little knife that carries well and you'll find that 8cr13mov takes a keen edge.

Enjoy it and congrats on your first Spydie...it won't be your last ;)

4. racingfirefighter

racingfirefighter

Feb 2, 2010
    I got a persistence in a trade and I love that thing. I carry that and my Para2 in 20cp everyday and love then SPydies. I had got my gf the pink manix2 but that sucker is way to big for her lil hands so it went into a safe place with other knives I dont carry for now. Ended up getting her a mini grip in pink for her to abuse when she works with me. The ambitious is a sweet lil knife too.

5. viper89

viper89 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 8, 2011
    The Persistence is great. It was one the my first knives that got my collection going. Now I have a little too much Spyderco knives. Though I am really enjoying my Meerkat recently, great knife indeed.

6. SW9VEman

SW9VEman

Dec 30, 2011
    I picked up a Tenacious not long ago and it has been my work knife since. Love the quality you get for $30. Leaps over the CRKT knifes I have handled.

7. xjsnake

xjsnake

Jun 15, 2012
    Welcome to the addiction...

8. Spectre

Spectre

Nov 3, 1998
    I think the Persistence is the best size for EDC of the Tenacious line.

John