KA-BAR/Becker Warranty?

Touchy there little fella? Has it been 28 days since the last time you were this bitchy? :D Moose

Actually I was seriously asking him, I think he might have meant someone else. I didn't ask for pics or about broken BK9s, I was just ensuring history does not record that -I- stabbed the concrete at E's. :D

Ka-bar mailed back my knife with a letter stating my item does not qualify for warranty as this is a Camillus Knife. Seem I have
a BK&T BK9 made by Camillus not Ka-bar time to contact Camillus

Camillus Knife Company was purchased by Acme United Corporation in 2007, the Camillus site gives a very vague explanation on lifetime warranty policy odd hmm...

Camillus Knife Company was purchased by Acme United Corporation in 2007, the Camillus site gives a very vague explanation on lifetime warranty policy odd hmm...

Camillus went out of business years ago. They are back, but I don't think they manufacture anything. I believe they just import and brand, like the Browning Firearms. I don't know if you're going to get any satisfaction. Hopefully, one of the Beckerites will have helpful info. BTW, I'm still re-canting:) Good luck!

I spoken on the phone with a representative from Acme United Corporation the company which acquired the designs, patents & trademarks of Camillus knives. Mrs. Davila has told me any knives purchased before 2007 are not covered by lifetime warranty and whatever old inventory left in there warehouse is unknown that the new Camillus gets there knives shipped from China they are no longer made in the USA :( shocker! She asked of me to email her pictures and she will see what she can do. I personally think it's over I might as well toss it in the trash and purchase a BK9 from Ka-bar this time

Hey Specwar Six.....

Nine failure is rare.......I do not know when you bought your knife, and this is what MAY have happenned, there was a bunch of stuff....seconds, unfinished blades, etc sold at auction.....Camillus' heat treat was damn good and there were few complaints of breakage....I saw the return box at the Camillus auction (they were even selling the busted up blades) and there were very few......I am extremely sorry you had a bad experience with anything with my name on it.......Please do me the favor of emailing me at beckerkt@gmail.com with a phone number and best times to call....

Makes me sick every time something like this happens.....If you have time when we talk remind me to tell you the piton hammer story........

Feces occur and I effing hate when ithappens to one of my customers....

Please get in touch....

All Best....

Ethan

Once again This place makes me smile.

Ethan, you sir are a good man, I dont care what Moose says about you .

Personal involvement of the boss. That's what I call customer service! One step closer to buying a Machax:)

This is why Becker knives are the best knives on the market. Forget exotic steels, fancy designs, or even bang-for-the-buck value. THIS is the reason BK&T will be my go to knives for my entire life, and most likely the next few generations that follow me. When I first joined I posted about some problem I was having, and promptly received a reply from Uncle E that offered an explanation and support. To me this was like my computer crashing, and then getting customer support from Bill Gates himself, just outstanding.

Doesn't get any better than that.

BK2 - Campanion- none broken
Actually there was one isolated case where the guy was using his 2 as a thrower and after several hundred throws his knife snapped. That's the only one I know of though, and keep in mind that Brab batonned a lawnmower with his.

Also- Mr. Becker, you rock! I'm glad Beckers are my favorite knives with this kind of CS. Doesn't get any better than that.

Last edited:
Actually there was one isolated case where the guy was using his 2 as a thrower and after several hundred throws his knife snapped. That's the only one I know of though, and keep in mind that Brab batonned a lawnmower with his.

Also- Mr. Becker, you rock! I'm glad Beckers are my favorite knives with this kind of CS. Doesn't get any better than that.

that post you're quoting is from a year ago. iirc, throwing guy was sooner? i'd have to look.

breaking through abuse might be amusing, but it's not consider breaking for warranty purposes. imho :)

whups. Shoulda looked at the dates before posting.
Well, it did happen, no idea when. i do remember seeing it back in my lurking days, so there's a very high possibility that it was from sooner.

Its always amazing and very satisfying to see someone behind there product like this. Class and just plane damn awesomeness Mr. Becker. And from my experience and from what I have read over the years Beckers rarely if ever fail.

I have had experience with their warranty, and you will not find another knife company that backs their blades better than KA-BAR, period.

I like KaBar, but many knife companies are equal or better. I have sent Kershaw and Buck back knives and no questions asked. So saying KaBar is the best is not so?

Back