1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Keith Johnson Knives

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by Core Knife Co., Feb 17, 2011.

1. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    I think it's past due for a thread on Keith's knives here in the traditional forum. I know there are enough out there and I would love to see more of his fine work.

I contacted Keith a few months ago about making me my very first custom traditional. I was admittedly a little high maintenance in the beginning. Being my first custom, I had changed my mind a couple times before we settled on the Lanny's Clip. I think Keith absolutely nailed it.

I appreciate the time he took taking me through the entire process. I'd never purchased a knife of this caliber but he took the time to explain everything as he went. As a matter of fact, the thing I learned the most from all of this is, I think the relationships with the maker is equally as important as the knife itself. With that in mind, I'm sold on Mr. Johnson. As things improve here on my end he can expect more business from me.

It's loaded with it all...

I don't have the knife in hand, however I'll put up more pictures once it arrives. The knife speaks for itself.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  2. comoha

comoha

Jan 12, 2006
    Here's mine. A sodbuster in D2 and stag. A real favorite (and a user).
    [​IMG]

And the yeller one from Elliott.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2011
  3. wagglebee

wagglebee

Jun 6, 2009
    It looks like Keith has the Lanny's Clip down, it's a great pattern.

Corey, I love the way that sodbuster looks, I really need to get one soon.

4. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Wow!...very nice knives :thumbup:

5. Boggs

Boggs

Feb 27, 2007
    Good choice and great maker for your first.....

6. wagglebee

wagglebee

Jun 6, 2009
    Corey, I'm positive that I was supposed to win that one. Maybe you could just mail it to me. :D ;)

7. ken erickson

ken erickson

Aug 27, 2004
    I could not agree more,:thumbup:

Congrats to you and Keith.

Ken

8. TLARbb

TLARbb Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2010
    I have to throw up the TLAR sodbuster. It's easily the best knife I own.

[​IMG]

I had him do a semi-clip on the blade just so's it would be a bit different and have a better point configuration. It is a real sweet knife.

Ed

9. comoha

comoha

Jan 12, 2006
    That is a very unique and cool version of a s-buster Ed. I really like it. :thumbup:

10. texasflyfisher

texasflyfisher

Aug 17, 2007
    Ed, that blade reminds me of the kind you find on sowbelly patterns. Very nice!

11. Toyz

Toyz

Nov 2, 2006
    Well - I'm new to the club, and I just bought the Saddlehorn Trapper from the Exchange. I received it this Wednesday.

It's been in my pocket ever since receipt, except to show off to a few friends that appreciate knives.

I hope Keith doesn't mind - this is his picture - mine always suck.

Attached Files:

12. cnas122

cnas122

Mar 23, 2008
    Hell yea. Glad see someone started up a new thread for Keith. He does great work...and if anyone is interested in some very well-done forged hatchets and hawks, he is your man.

13. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    Joe, that saddlehorn is really nice.

[​IMG]

14. TLARbb

TLARbb Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Joe, I'm with MHll on this - that's a fabulous saddlehorn. Keith, I am impressed. :thumbup: - Ed

15. wagglebee

wagglebee

Jun 6, 2009
    Yep, that was a great score!

16. Toyz

Toyz

Nov 2, 2006
    I'm a folder guy - the only slipjoints I use / carry are Vic SAK's. I wanted to start getting into more traditional slipjoints - and I seem to have jumped into the deep end of the pool. The only traditional slipjoint I owned before picking up the Saddlehorn Trapper is a Case Hobo.

17. wagglebee

wagglebee

Jun 6, 2009
    Nothing wrong with that.

18. STR

STR Knifemaker/Moderator Moderator

Aug 27, 2004
    I agree. Long overdue. :thumbup:

STR

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2011
  19. Core Knife Co.

Core Knife Co.

Apr 8, 2009
    My Lanny's arrived today, and I'm speechless. As I said earlier, I've never owned a custom so I wasn't sure what to expect. I absolutely ordered this pattern to be a user, and now I'm not so sure. I just stared at it forever spinning it in my fingers. I'm in awe.

My pictures aren't the best, but I wanted to pass along some more. I'm hoping the sun comes out one of these days soon so I can do this knife justice.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. drj211

drj211 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 26, 2008
    The pictures are fine and the knife is wonderful. Congrats and enjoy. Put that thing to good use!