• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Kentucky Pattern Belt Axe and Long Hunter Lightweight Tomahawk For Sale

Hi,

These are axes that I make from a Cast 1084 head.

done_kentucky_c_800.jpg

Kentucky Pattern Belt Axe

14 inches long, with a 3 inch face

Investment cast 1084, which I then debur and desprue, harden, differentially temper, finish and sharpen.

Tool Grade Hickory Haft.

$85 w/o sheath

And now for something a bit smaller....

done_tommy_c_800.jpg

Long Hunter Lightweight Tomahawk

11 1/2 inches long, with a 2 3/4 inch face

Investment cast 1084, which I then debur and desprue, harden, differentially temper, finish and sharpen.

This tomahawk starts as the Kentucky Pattern Belt Axe, but then I cut it down for tomahawk pattern that is Shorter, Sleeker, and especially Lighter.

Tool Grade Hickory Haft, cut down to pattern.

$150 w/o sheath

Thank you

Last edited:
Just to clarify, are these made/forged w/one piece of 1084 or is that a bit for the cutting edge?

Also, do you happen to have a pic of the top of the smaller tomohawk and how you mounted the head to the shaft?

thanks.

You wouldnt happen to be making any of those knives like pictured above would you? Thats a pretty sweet looking just like the Hawks. I particularly like the head and shaft shape on the 2nd one.

Any way you could post a pic using BF server so I can see it. Pichosting service you are using is blocked for me

Just to clarify, are these made/forged w/one piece of 1084 or is that a bit for the cutting edge?

Also, do you happen to have a pic of the top of the smaller tomohawk and how you mounted the head to the shaft?

thanks.

They are one piece, cast 1084.

Let me work on an image of that for you...

Bob

You wouldnt happen to be making any of those knives like pictured above would you? Thats a pretty sweet looking just like the Hawks. I particularly like the head and shaft shape on the 2nd one.

That is my knife in the image, and you can see more of my work, at my websites, which are in my sig line.

Thank you for your kind words.

Bob

Any way you could post a pic using BF server so I can see it. Pichosting service you are using is blocked for me

Hopefully this works...

BTW, do you usually have problems seeing PhotoBucket images? If so, I need to figure out another pic hosting strategy....

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 95
That Axe & Hawk are Very Nice, Hey Bob PhotoBucket & TinyPic.'s all work Great, And Most people can see your picture's, Hollowdweller must have some sort of Firewall or Virus protection on his Computer Blocking Image's, Nice Work Bob,

Back