Kershaw Knives News Thread

I hope this "Super Leek" doesn't turn out to be too big - please keep it just a tad under 4" (under 100 mm), somewhere along the lines of Vapor II blade.

I hope this "Super Leek" doesn't turn out to be too big - please keep it just a tad under 4" (under 100 mm), somewhere along the lines of Vapor II blade.

I agree. A "Super Leek" would still need to fit comfortably in the pocket.

will_77, we just finished up a short run(500 pieces) of that 3-D machined G-10 Leek. I've carried one for the last couple weeks, nice piece.

No pics of the Ti/ZDP Mini Cyclone as of yet. I'll see what I can do.

Just kind of musing, but I had one of the old liner action models for a while, liked it a lot. It was sturdy and a good size but still very lightweight. As seems to be the trend, it'd be nice to see that line with upgraded materials. Maybe G10 instead of santoprene, Sandvik steel, a thumb disc for ambidextrous opening, etc.

I'm new here but definetley love my Kershaw. I've got the Whirlwind that I carry on me at all times. I'd love a Blackout as well. :)

I have met a number of the people that work there and I am pretty sure that they would respond to a constructive email. Give it a try, you may be pleasantly surprised. :) :)

Just to let you know, I sent an email about a week ago and sure enough they didnt respond. This is quite typical for any email alias "info@whereever.com", these commonly go unread.

Anyways I happy to hear they are redesigning their poor little web site. :barf:

Nice idea, I would love such a leek, provided they stuck a framelock on it and not a liner lock. The Leek is a really great design, if they can compress it all the way down to a Scallion and Chive, why not stretch it out a bit as well.

Big thumbs up to kershaw and STRIDER. Have two of the ZT's and love 'em. :thumbup:

Nice idea, I would love such a leek, provided they stuck a framelock on it and not a liner lock. The Leek is a really great design, if they can compress it all the way down to a Scallion and Chive, why not stretch it out a bit as well.

My thoughts exactly. I'm not a native English speaker so I can't express everything that's on my mind the way I'd want to but you nailed it right on the head. Leek is a fantastic design, its blade geometry is awesome (none of that silly recurve stuff), it's just a tad too small :grumpy: Scale it up by 25% or so like Joe said and I will be downright perfect - a guaranteed hit, especially if you make it avaliable in all the regular Leek blade/handle material variants.

I just got my first Ken Onion Leek TiNi in the post today :D Great size and I love the SpeedSafe AO. Has a very scary sharp blade and point :eek: I suspect this will be the first of many more :eek:

Where are the leeks on the website? I only see one or two...

Although I think my next is going to be a blackout :)

There are too many Leek models to list because Kershaw makes a lot of limited runs especially for certain distributors. Plus, Kershaw is launching a new website soon. The current site leaves a lot to be desired...

Back