1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Kershaw Skyline Fixed Blade Sheath

Discussion in 'Kiahdex Sheath Systems' started by HikingMano, Dec 29, 2012.

1. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Thanks Kiah, for another excellent sheath! :thumbup: I'm looking forward to getting this guy out backpacking with me. I'll be shooting you my Fallkniven WM1 soon!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    Thanks, bro. Glad you like it. I really need to learn how to take decent pics. Yours always look better than mine. :D

3. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Eh, I just turn on a light and snap some shots, nothing fancy here, haha. It's been with me ever since I got it, great package:thumbup:

4. mr jeffy

mr jeffy

Feb 8, 2012
    Sent a email asking price for one but never got a response. Hoe much ya pay for it?

5. Galeocerdoshark

Galeocerdoshark Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2011
    You already know I like the blade and the sheath, but I wanted to ask if you could make this thread (or another) into some kind of progress report?
    As in: what are your experiences with the knife and the sheath, how do they hold up over time and when did you find them useful (or in which occasions they weren't)?
    That would be interesting! Not much info on the blade on the web when it comes to prolongued use.

Thanks!

6. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Kiah is a bit busy with batch order work, but I'm sure you'll get a response soon. He'll provide you with a quote.

Sure, J, I can do that. I may start a new one in the outdoor gear sub or something. I foresee myself using my Fallkniven WM1 more though, so maybe I'll do an updating thread on both.

7. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    Bit of an update. HM's pics have gotten me a few requests on this knife. Rather than try to keep up with multiple people sending in the same knife, I just went ahead and ordered one. Should be here next week.

8. Galeocerdoshark

Galeocerdoshark Basic Member Basic Member

May 21, 2011
    Excited!

9. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Haha, sorry Kiah, didn't mean to add to your already large workload :eek:.

But all the folks who will be getting sheaths in this run will be very pleased with the sheath, especially in light of the stock sheath. :thumbup: J, as we've discussed, you'll love it!

10. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    I' update this thread later, now that I have my firesteel on the sheath, i'ved moved the loop location.

11. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    With the firesteel loop in the top location (horizontal on belt, just left of centerline):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The handle of the firesteel got in the way somewhat of my thumb when drawing the knife. I could still do it, but it's just sort of annoying and feels in the way on a knife this size. So Kiah had the foresight to space the lower eyelets at the bottom of the sheath to fit the firesteel loop. Perfect.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just a quick pic showing it mounted vertically. I prefer to carry horizontal just left of centerline, but the sheath is versatile should I wish to carry vertical.

[​IMG]

ETA: My belt is 1.5" wide.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  12. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    I'm cool. I think I've got a little time before the next big batch. I've also put a pretty good amount of monies into some new machinery coming in next week which should lighten my workload dramatically, especially on the hatchet sheaths which are ridiculously time-consuming to individually shape.

Ha, I didn't even realize the FS loop would line up there. I thought you were referring to the bottom eyelets on either side.

13. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Nice! Congrats on the new equipment :thumbup:

As for the eyelets, haha, yeah, that's why I tried to confirm in my email. Either way works out. I might switch it down to the lower slot instead, if the current location becomes an issue for some reason.

ETA: Was on my phone, but I mean to add, that was pretty damn lucky it worked out so well :D

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  14. nunya48

nunya48

Jan 27, 2009
    Looks awesome. I'm fairly new to the forum, wondering if these are currently for sale? I'd love to buy one. Thanks

15. HikingMano

HikingMano

Sep 2, 2008
    Kiah should have the knife now, so just shoot him an email and he should be able to get you set up:thumbup:

I've since changed the firesteel location to the bottom slot (nearest edge) and it works perfectly there. I just got my WM1 back with sheath, so I'm pretty sure that one will see more carry time than the skyline in the near future. Will update thread with thoughts on using both after a while.

16. nunya48

nunya48

Jan 27, 2009
    Great thanks sent him an email what's the cost?

17. Kiah

Jul 20, 2006
    Been a bit preoccupied. Will shoot you an email Tomorrow.

18. dburgess1231

dburgess1231

Sep 29, 2015
    wouldn't happen to know anyone selling a Kershaw fixed blade would you?