Kizer Feist and the gritty action....

A question for other owners... are others finding the pocket clip useable? Mine is far too tight even for slacks, so it just sits in the bottom of the pocket un-clipped.
I don't have any clip issues.

I like the retention on mine. It is tighter than other knives but I see this as a plus, like my Dragonfly 2 I can wear it with gym shorts and know that it won't slip off. I wear it with jeans regularly and I can easily put it on and take it off.

Last edited:
I hope they offer some sort of fix for those of us with the original. Been using it, I don't find the action too bothersome but it would be nice to have it addressed...

When the new line is released, is there any way to determine or ensure i am buying a new production?

I had to return mine and eagerly awaiting, as i absolutely love the concept and design

Hello everyone,
A few days ago I had a chance to have a great and productive in-person meeting with David and Max of Kizer to go over the production issues that are causing the "gritty action". I showed them exactly what changes have to happen to correct the issues. Kizer will be making the appropriate adjustments as soon as possible. Also, I was assured that Kizer would take care of any existing Feist customers with complaints once they have ironed out the problem on the production end. Please give them a little time to implement the necessary changes and we will update once we have new info.

Best,
Justin Lundquist

As an owner of several non-gritty Kizer knives I'm sorry to hear that you had to show them how to fix the problem. This illustrates a lack of good knife engineering on their part and gives those who hate non-USA made knives some more evidence to support their claims.

And if you are thinking about returning your knife for customer service take a look at this post.

http://www.bladeforums.com/threads/lousy-warranty-service.1508697/

As an owner of several non-gritty Kizer knives I'm sorry to hear that you had to show them how to fix the problem. This illustrates a lack of good knife engineering on their part and gives those who hate non-USA made knives some more evidence to support their claims.

And if you are thinking about returning your knife for customer service take a look at this post.

jnl is the designer of the Feist.

I don't have any clip issues.

I like the retention on mine. It is tighter than other knives but I see this as a plus, like my Dragonfly 2 I can wear it with gym shorts and know that it won't slip off. I wear it with jeans regularly and I can easily put it on and take it off.

I'd be very disappointed if they changed the clip tension, I thought it was perfect. Tight, but not problematically so, it was exactly what I wanted for a short, light knife.

I doubt they'll touch the clip. From what I gathered the main issue is a floating pivot causing gritty action. I also hope they can do something about lockbar tension, it seems absurdly tight for such a small knife, you need either extremely strong fingers or small hands. I've been told using your nail works but I cut mine very short.

I doubt they'll touch the clip. From what I gathered the main issue is a floating pivot causing gritty action. I also hope they can do something about lockbar tension, it seems absurdly tight for such a small knife, you need either extremely strong fingers or small hands. I've been told using your nail works but I cut mine very short.

from what i've read, it sounds like just the "main" issue is being addressed which is the pivot

Hello everyone,
A few days ago I had a chance to have a great and productive in-person meeting with David and Max of Kizer to go over the production issues that are causing the "gritty action". I showed them exactly what changes have to happen to correct the issues. Kizer will be making the appropriate adjustments as soon as possible. Also, I was assured that Kizer would take care of any existing Feist customers with complaints once they have ironed out the problem on the production end. Please give them a little time to implement the necessary changes and we will update once we have new info.

Best,
Justin Lundquist
I just realized that you are the designer of the fiest. I look forward to getting one when the problems are ironed out. Nice design simple and clean looking.

Design wise, this seems like a perfect little knife for EDC. Smaller size, non-threatening blade shape and an overall minimalist design. Can only hope they manage to get a fixed version out that solves the issues people have been having.

It's a great design and I miss mine every day since I sent it back.
Eager to get a fixed version.

It's worth the wait to get a fixed Feist model in a month from now but we still don't know how to tell if they're the fixed models before the dealer sends it.

I hope Kizer calls them the Feist II or something else that tells buyers they won't have to guess about getting the original gritty version.

Yeah. It needs to be fairly simple to tell the old model from the fixed version. Even if that means they have to clearance out the old.

If you guys want a really good front flipper try the Boos Blades Smoke TS1. Best mass production front flipper I've found.

At least for me, the Feist's appeal is not based on the fact that it's a front flipper. The design, size, and aesthetic are very pleasing to me, and not too commonly found.

Back