1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Knife related tattoos?

Discussion in 'Becker Knife & Tool' started by edctac, Jan 14, 2012.

1. edctac

edctac

May 7, 2011
    So I myself have quite a bit of tattoo work, and have often thought of getting some kind of knife related tattoo. Is there anyone here who has a knife tattoo, becker logo, beckerhead #, or anything else thats just plain funny or ridiculous. And I'm sure it goes without saying but pics or I call shananigans :D

2. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    If you get an esee tat they give you an Izula Im not sure we have any BH tats.

3. whereismyclock

whereismyclock

May 13, 2011
    I mulled over with an artist over getting a 7 or 11 on my calf but wussed out and got a compass instead. That's all I got but I might consider it again with the tweeners.

4. edctac

edctac

May 7, 2011
    Yeah, I am torn on what knife to get. My back(well whole body) is going to be japanese style and I'm sure there will be a sword in there somewhere. But just haven't decided on an actual knife. The ESEE thing intrigues me though, does it have to be the logo or a knife?

5. ignatius

ignatius

Jan 13, 2012
    There is a large culinary school where I live ( Johnson & Wales) and the campus is really close to my office so I see a lot of the students and yes a LOT of knife ink. The most common tatt is a chef's knife on one forearm and a meat fork on the other....very cool in my book. I only have one tattoo and its not a Becker...its a brook trout.

6. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    Have to check with them I know several folks have done it and if you just get the ant with no name that dosnt count dont know about a knife.

7. Skystorm

Skystorm A Cow Flayin' Sheath Making Angry Gnome Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2011
    I'm kinda of limited on space, well maybe I can squeeze in a remora. I would be difficult to explain why there is a machax on my butt cheek.

8. clich

clich

Apr 19, 2011
    my wife, whos father died last year, is thinking of getting a tattoo on her side with the line from the band perry song if i die young "the sharp knife of a short life" with his initials and date of birth/death, and she has looked at the becker profiles for the outline. Not sure if she will end up doing it, but she has some sketches from artists. My favorite is the outline of the nine, Excalibur style with the point on her hip, with the words inside. pretty cool looking. again not sure if it will happen but if it does, i promised her she'd get lucky that night ;)

Last edited: Jan 14, 2012
  9. thatotherguy

thatotherguy

Oct 9, 2011
    From the old ESEE forum:
    That's what RAT said. Dunno if they'll sill honor it, I'd call if I were you.
    They also said that the circle R can be left out, and I give credit to our very own Flexxx for staring the thread.

10. WilliamWoods

WilliamWoods

Apr 22, 2011
    The only acceptable knife ink is a smatchet.

11. gunknifenut

gunknifenut

Jun 9, 2006
    I love my Beckers, but I wouldn't get a tat of one...I think it falls under the rules of tattoo's that I have for myself, NEVER get your girlfriend's name or picture tattoo'ed on your body, because while tattoo's are forever, love ain't.

12. Ethan Becker

Ethan Becker Moderator Moderator

Sep 1, 1999
    Hey All......

A Becker logo or knife outline with logo is good for a freebie.....Call for details.....

Ethan

13. thatotherguy

thatotherguy

Oct 9, 2011
    how big will it have to be to get a free Machax?

14. L4NE4

L4NE4

Aug 24, 2011
    I am down for this!

15. edctac

edctac

May 7, 2011
    Yeah, I might be as well. And since my little brother is a tattoo artist it might be free all the way around :D

16. edctac

edctac

May 7, 2011
    I am curious as to what knife you would get for free. I would do it for a 9, but maybe not an 11

17. thatotherguy

thatotherguy

Oct 9, 2011
    If my little bro was the artist and the ink was free, I'd do it for a 14. Heck, if it was all free, I'd do it for a 13.

18. PayetteRucker

PayetteRucker

Aug 4, 2009
    I always thought the Camillus "US" camp knife would make a killer tattoo: the square stipling, eliptical handle shape and simple US logo in the middle... Mine's outdoorsy/survivalist related, but not knife related. I've got alot of Norwegian blood, and am studying Arctic cultures as an anthro student, so when I felt the itch for the etch I decided to pick something very arctic-something that symbolized life, the will to survive, my love for nature, yet still be artistic and match my personality without being cliche'd. I went with a caribou because they're such an important member of the circle of life, as humans we are so dependant on them in that environment to survive, because they laugh at extreme conditions, and they are so well respected in Arctic culture. Kinda regal looking too, I have to say.

7 hours, one sitting (paid a flat rate one day)
    [​IMG]

19. Psyop

Psyop

Oct 17, 2011
    I dont see a knife?

20. Shoki

Shoki

Apr 10, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Though I think a variation of the standard Benchmade butterfly would have been a better choice.