1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.
  3. The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them.

Knife Store in Minnesota

Discussion in 'FEEDBACK: The Good, The Bad, The Ugly!' started by dgulbra, Mar 9, 2011.

1. dgulbra

dgulbra

Mar 3, 2011
    Does anyone know a good knife store in Minnesota. Someplace that carries all the big brands. It doesn't matter where it is in the state. I hate buying knives, especially fixed blades without holding them first. Thank You

2. g33kfu

g33kfu

May 16, 2007
    I have yet to find a good place that carries a variety other than your typical "hunting" knife brands like buck, etc. Sometime I get lucky at gun shows and pawn shops. if you have a particular blade you're looking for the manufacturers website typically has a list of dealer locations. good luck

3. MRaymond

MRaymond

Jan 27, 2012
    Straight River Knife Inc. it is in Owatonna, MN. I met the owner at a show at the state fair grounds last weekend. He had ZT, Microtech, Benchmade, Randall (quite a selection) some custom Hawks and some others. Most importantly, a very nice selection Chris Reeve Knives. He was a pretty nice guy that liked to talk knives too.

One more thing, I also met a guy at the same show at the state fair grounds that had some GREAT small/medium fixed blades. I still have his card in my wallet. He is in Blaine. He uses interesting steels like N690, S110V, Etc. and the fit and finish is great. Better yet, his prices are VERY competitive. Like $110 for a 4.25" camp knife in N690. Shoot me a PM if you want his contact info.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2013
  4. eschwebach

eschwebach Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 16, 2012
    Oh man, I am down in Owatonna all the time. Do you know if he has a brick & mortar store or just online and at shows?

5. MRaymond

MRaymond

Jan 27, 2012
    Google shows an address :685 Bridge St Center. Owatonna, MN 55060. He doesn't have an online presence at all as far as I have seen. But he does have a store as far as I know.