1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Knifemaking Lesson

Discussion in 'Newberry Knives' started by Allen Newberry, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2007
    This past weekend I had the opportunity to teach a student a little knifemaking/bladesmithing. A good time was had by all. Plus check out how well he did (Especially considering this weekend was his first time at the forge or grinder!)

[​IMG]

2. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    So now you're the teacher eh,outstanding.
    That looks great for a first timer.
    Did it get finished?

3. Allen Newberry

Allen Newberry KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 10, 2007
    We only worked on blades. He took two blades home. One forged one stock removal. He was planning on doing a cord wrap on the other one so I wouldn't be surprised if that one is done.

4. mykel m

mykel m Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Lucky kid & good on you for passing on the know how.

5. b_rogers

b_rogers

Sep 25, 2011
    I need some lessons..Lol Seriously that looks good.

Im in Little Rock, anybody local to me i should look up for some pointers?

Brent

6. Allen Newberry

Jan 10, 2007
    Check out the monthly hammer in at in N. LR and you will learn quite a bit and meet several area makers. That and check out the Arkansas Custom Knife Show in Feb.