1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Knives and cigars

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by Bandaids or stitches, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Bandaids or stitches

Bandaids or stitches Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 17, 2015
    I'M CURRENTLY WORKING ON A PHOTOBUCKET ALTERNATIVE.
    I APOLOGIZE FOR HAVING CHOSEN THEM AS A PHOTO-HOSTING SERVICE -Sean-

Any other knife enthusiasts enjoy cigars? If so, how about sharing a picture of today's selections.

Here's my ebony Mnandi with a La Flor Dominicana, Double Ligero.

[​IMG]

(This thread was originally titled "CRK's and cigars" that's why the first few posts are mostly of CRK's. It didn't gain much traction in that sub forum, hence the relocation).

-Sean-

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. Sergeant Sam

Sergeant Sam Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2016
    IMG_20161023_193449126.jpg IMG_20161021_112523649.jpg IMG_20161019_195507788.jpg IMG_20161008_212755235.jpg
    The only thing more impressive than the contents of my gun/knife safe, are the contents of my humidor. Of course, most don't know enough to appreciate them. I guess you could say the same thing about my knives though.

3. Sergeant Sam

Oct 1, 2016
    Smoking this at the moment...
    IMG_20161028_194721292.jpg

4. Bandaids or stitches

Mar 17, 2015
    Nice selection. A Fuente Fuente Opus X - the '05 cigar of the year!

5. Sergeant Sam

Oct 1, 2016
    Yeah, Fuente makes good stuff. I actually like the Don Carlos line better than the Opus. I'm a huge fan of AJ Fernandez, Crowned Heads, Roma Craft, and Diamond Crown. I have a very wide array of strengths and violas and have become quite good at pairing certain cigars with moods and beverage. It's an acquired talent that required many years and many dollars unfortunately lol.

6. Bandaids or stitches

Mar 17, 2015
    Today I chose the Mnandi Bark and a Carrillo La Historia

[​IMG]

7. Sergeant Sam

Oct 1, 2016
    Wow, I thought I was the only one that had a special place for the La Historia! IMG_20161028_223937675.jpg I've been aging this one well over a year.

8. Sergeant Sam

Oct 1, 2016
    I want that mnandi bark btw!!!!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

9. Bandaids or stitches

Mar 17, 2015
    You've got some nice ones for sure. And it looks like a nice humidor, you don't see slotted shelves or trays on entry-level humidors...you clearly do your homework

-Sean-

10. Sergeant Sam

Oct 1, 2016
    Thanks... I personally went to aristocrat humidors in the Dallas area and designed my latest humidor. They are hand made and worth every penny. He is world renowned and it shows. He has even sold one to a Saudi Prince.

11. Sergeant Sam

Oct 1, 2016
    IMG_20161024_220516754.jpg
    Guess I should add another CRK to balance the thread out a little bit 😉

12. Bugdoc

Bugdoc Basic Member Basic Member

Oct 29, 2016
    Hi all, new to the forum. Great to see there are cigar lovers here too. Just finished up some yard work and decided to enjoy a stick and some rum, a Fuente Anejo No 49. If I'm honest, I like them a bit better than their FFOX cousin, and you don't get ripped off on the price like the FFOXs. And, their coming out for Fathers Day and Xmas makes it a slam dunk for stuffing the humi!
    Was going to attach a pic but see there's a few extra steps so it's just text for now. The knife is my WEC (week end carry), a Helle Eggen. A wonderful blade. I find a fixed blade is so much more practical than a folder if you can get away with it. BTW a big La Historia is a favorite of mine too.

Cheers!

13. Sergeant Sam

Oct 1, 2016
    I only have one Fuente Anejo atm but it's been aging for 2 years. I may smoke it on graduation night when I finish my masters.

14. Bandaids or stitches

Mar 17, 2015
    Today it's a Gurkha Beauty accompanied by the recently-stonewashed Sebenza.

[​IMG]

15. Falco57

Falco57 Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 27, 2012
    [​IMG]

16. MallNinja

MallNinja

Apr 5, 2016
    Anejo's are ok, but the rosado Hemingways are by far my favorite Fuente next to Cigar in a Bottle Forbidden X.

17. Bandaids or stitches

Mar 17, 2015
    Tonight the choice was a Cain F trimmed by the Ebony Mnandi.

[​IMG]

-Sean-

18. Bandaids or stitches

Mar 17, 2015
    Today's selection: a Padron 1926, punch-cut by a Bark Mnandi...being enjoyed while working on some abalone pendants that I'm making as Christmas gifts.

[​IMG]

-Sean-

19. Doglover404

Doglover404

Dec 8, 2016
    That's one of the nicest pieces of bark I've ever seen many! Btw...how much are these cigars yall smoke? Probably an expensive hobby?

20. Bandaids or stitches

Mar 17, 2015
    Thanks Doglover!

Yes, cigars can be pricey, but like knives, values can be found.

-Sean-

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017