Knives you will never part with?

Great vid.

Mine would be my grandpa's Buck 309 that I inherited when I was eight and somehow managed to hang onto.

I will never part with a knife that someone has gifted me, family, friends, etc. If someone thinks enough of me to give me a gift like that, I would never just sell it, it would seem wrong to me.

Ditto.

Zieg

I will never part with a knife that someone has gifted me, family, friends, etc. If someone thinks enough of me to give me a gift like that, I would never just sell it, it would seem wrong to me.
I feel the same man

A Swiss army knife my father gave me. My Emersons, Horseman and Roadhouse. Spyderco military.

Would have thought the same about the cat.

For some reason, anything bad happening to cats really gets to me. They seem to know how to love life more than we do, and they fight for it to the bitter end... My vet once said: "It takes a lot to kill a cat"...

Gaston

No such animal. When the crash hit in 2008, I had to part with two Morans, two Hendricksons, a Dean and Fisk among others.

Matt Bailey model 2 flipper geek edition. It was a gift from my mother.

Spyderco Manix 2 CTS-XHP Sprint with desert ironwood scales by Sketchen. I absolutely love this knife. It's not a "fun" knife to play with, but for actual use, it beats out every folder I've ever owned. Amazing ergonomics, very strong lock, and my favorite steel thus far.

Everything else I can do without.

Buck 110 highschool graduation present.
Western f48a that was found and given to me as a kid.
Imperial h6 ( love it too much and it has little monetary value )
Imperial Barlow gifted to me from r8shell ( love it a lot and again it has no monetary value )
Imperial peanut ( love it and it also has no monetary value )
Vic recruit
Vic tinker
Vic classics ( one that was pink and like new from my grandma which is sporting the scales of the one my grandpa died carrying , then the worn out one he died carrying )

Honestly none of my knives that I love are worth much, so whatever anyone might offer me would temp me to sell them.

I don't think I would ever sell my SAKs, but that's just because they aren't worth much. In a tight spot, I would sell my CRKs in a heartbeat.

If anything, I would hold on to my ZDP Delica for sentimental reasons and my EK&T companion because I've carried it since it was made. A year ago, I would have said my ESEE 6, but that was accidentally left in an Arizona motel. Everything else I can replace.

Your story about the little cat in the sandbox was touching Matt and hurt a little. That person that did that needs his azz beat for sure. Not to get off topic though nice blades buddy.

2016 Pioneer X limited edition damasteel SAK.
Year of birth of my first child and we got him a matching one.

If I've been given a knife but don't see myself ever using it, I'll give it to someone who will.
I mailed out one yesterday to a son-in-law. A wonderful H-D kitchen knife, famous maker, but I'll never use it. Put my own edge on it, and mailed it to a great cop with 25-yr of dedicated service OTJ, including four years of DARE duty in the schools in his area. His passion is cooking.
He has since taken a job of COP in a small town in a remote area in the upper mid-west. I wish him well.

The Randall #15 that I took to OEF will go to my sons as will the #14 I received when I went in the Army. I have a Buck my Father carried for years and a Camillus and Case from my Grandfather. Those will go to the kids. Most others can and will go as needed.

ibee7FM.jpg

gEOgcpa.jpg

HJwk5bY.jpg

UmoOIoP.jpg

0CgnlQ2.jpg

ZSXtBeF.jpg

My Gerber BMF. I carried it every day during Desert Shield/Storm. It will go to my daughter when I die.

My first Buck 110. My first early 80's Buck 501. S110V PM2.

The others would be tough, but in a pinch I could part with them. Funny, until really thinking about it, I never realized how attached I truly am to my blurple PM2 for whatever strange reason. Out of the three, though, it would be the one to go if one of them HAD to be part with.

Back