Knives you will never part with?

Considering my girl and I are already together more then 7 years, been through the ringer and back and still strong, and are (finally) getting officially married next spring, I can hopefully assume I would never split with her, and so the knives she gifts me would be the ones I likely won't part with.
It played a small part in my reasoning to keep my orange Blur and put my orange SR2a up for sale. Head 2 head without sentiment, I likely would have choose to keep the Lionsteel instead?
My Arno Bernard Wasp as well I cant see myself giving up for that same reason.
Can't wait til she gets me a wayfarer :D

2001 SS Police. Gift from my wife, first modern folder, first Spyderco

2009 RAT Cutlery RC6. 10yr anniversary present from my wife.

2015 Spyderco M2 LW TB. Christmas present from a good friend.
PmQJiH9.jpg

IklzIkSh.jpg

My custom Emerson, it took me over 7 years to finally get the opportunity to win the Emerson lottery and buy a knife from a man I personally consider a big role model. Winning this knife was definitely one if the cooler experiences of my life.

I have a few special ones -

The Western L46-5 that was my first fixed blade, given to me by my grandfather in 1965
The Buck 110 that was the first lock back I bought in 1973
The first USN MK2 and USN MK1 knives I bought in 1976
My Naval Officer sword I bought when commissioned in 1977
My M1902 Army sword etched for use in the Texas A&M Corps of Cadets
Knives gifted to me by family (6)
A Texian sword from the 1830s-1840s

Other than those, anything goes if the price is right.

I have never really been given a knife as a gift.. I'm usually the one that gives them.
I guess one of my first Voyager Cold Steels from the early 90's and a more current acquisition, my trusty Rat Worx mini MRX I'll never get rid of as well as my main EDC (Protech TR-5).

There are only two knives that will never leave me. An italian stilleto my father gave me for christmas when I was 10. The other is his brothers rizzuto which was passed to me after some years after he died before I was born. My father wasnt and still isnt the best communicator or good at showing his love.

But at a time before the internet and before you could reasonably expect to be able to find a switchblade for sale anywhere in my area my father contacted people he hadnt spoken to in decades to get me a switchblade because he knew how obsessed i was with them.

It took him 2 years to track one down. So i would have had it at eight if bladehq had been a thing. But to know my father committed that much time and effort to get his son the one thing he never thought would be possible. Well lets just say that knife to me is proof he loves me. And it was the first time i knew my father would do anything in his power for his family if he knew it would make him happy.

Last edited:
The easy answers are the two knives that came from my grandfathers, a little Puukko from one and a captured SA dagger from the other. Sadly I never really knew either, and those knives are some of the only artifacts I have of my family history. (I also have some other WWII loot from both and a gorgeous '53 Remington 760 from the one who owned the Puukko.)

When it comes to knives I bought myself, it gets a little harder. My Benchmade Nagara would be tough to sell, because it was the first "nice" knife I ever bought myself.

IMG_2353.JPG Got this one from my sons as a surprise. They had their initials engraved in the blade and I will NEVER sell it!!
I also really love the knife!!
Joe

I posted briefly back on Page 2 and remembered this thread when shooting a couple pics of today's carry. There's a lot to like about this one as a knife--Fox built in Maniago, Italy with Bohler N690C steel and cocobolo scales. I'm a big Wilson Combat fan and their trademark Starburst grips are superbly done on this, their Extreme Lite Carry model.

What makes this extra special is that it was bought last year on a family vacation to Barcelona. Our three grown sons joined us for a week's stay in the Gothic Quarter. (Like "Field of Dreams"--if you pay for it they will come.) It was a fantastic trip and chance to be together that we'll all remember fondly. The knife was purchased at Ganiveteria Roca, a gorgeous old-school cutlery shop in the Place del Pi. The store is a wonder to behold with kitchen, shaving, and all manner of cutlery and associated items.

The knife is marked a little differently from those offered on this side of the pond by Wilson Combat and came in a nice padded zippered pouch. It's a keepsake for sure--as a knife and for the memories.

BTW, shout out for palonej palonej 's 710 above--another sweet knife that brings a smile.

fIpvZJ8.jpg

izCooM8.jpg

Last edited:
I always used to ask my father to use his 1973 marine corps Camillus . He gave it to me when I started getting into knives a few years ago . It will never leave me until I pass it down to my son

My CRKT M16-13SF (my "1st" knife that I bought for myself-it's actually the second one, but I lost the first one which I bought around the same time; my first one was similar, a CRKT M16-10KZ)

My (newly acquired) Benchmade 940 (My first Benchmade, and hopefully not my last either!; It's a keeper because I love how pocketable it is and its overall ergonomics).

My ZT 0450CF (My first ZT, my first "expensive" folder, my first 4" knife).

I posted briefly back on Page 2 and remembered this thread when shooting a couple pics of today's carry. There's a lot to like about this one as a knife--Fox built in Maniago, Italy with Bohler N690C steel and cocobolo scales. I'm a big Wilson Combat fan and their trademark Starburst grips are superbly done on this, their Extreme Lite Carry model.

What makes this extra special is that it was bought last year on a family vacation to Barcelona. Our three grown sons joined us for a week's stay in the Gothic Quarter. (Like "Field of Dreams"--if you pay for it they will come.) It was a fantastic trip and chance to be together that we'll all remember fondly. The knife was purchased at Ganiveteria Roca, a gorgeous old-school cutlery shop in the Place del Pi. The store is a wonder to behold with kitchen, shaving, and all manner of cutlery and associated items.

The knife is marked a little differently from those offered on this side of the pond by Wilson Combat and came in a nice padded zippered pouch. It's a keepsake for sure--as a knife and for the memories.

BTW, shout out for palonej palonej 's 710 above--another sweet knife that brings a smile.

fIpvZJ8.jpg

izCooM8.jpg

beautiful knife! I live in Barcelona and go often to the Ganiveteria Roca. In Plaça del Pi you can find many good things like flea markets and local honey, nuts, meat and cheese on occasion. The place is owned by a nice knife nut, even though the ladies take most of the time and customers there.

I bought some knives there, but truth is their American and foreign brands are way overpriced, even more that you can find them online on other Spanish stores.
They have a wide and nice catalog, though

Back