Lets see some Hinderer action

Thanks!
It's my first XM and I'm loving it.
I've got a copper themed edc thing going on is why I did the copper bits but the holey clip was a bit much imo so as you can see in my post from yesterday I put the blue clip back on.
I think it looks more subdued now.
And the REK regrind on the M390 is unreal.

I'm usually not much for blue ano, but set off against the copper yours looks really nice. Both clips look good, too.

I've got a brass thing going on with my 3.5" XM18 "Dragon". She looks stone stock from the presentation side...

Pm5LkUO.jpg

...but flip her over and...

Oj6i1yb.jpg

Z4WvGft.jpg

ySNoFbe.jpg

I'm usually not much for blue ano, but set off against the copper yours looks really nice. Both clips look good, too.

I've got a brass thing going on with my 3.5" XM18 "Dragon". She looks stone stock from the presentation side...

Pm5LkUO.jpg

...but flip her over and...

Oj6i1yb.jpg

Z4WvGft.jpg

ySNoFbe.jpg
Sweet.
I've been admiring that dragon for a while now.

I was really lucky to be able to grab this when I-don't -know-how-many of them showed up briefly at DLT Trading last week. I saw the listing at half-past noon and pulled the trigger almost immediately. I went back around two and they were out of stock.

I've been wanting an MP1 for quite awhile and the red (natural?) Micarta kept calling my name. I almost went for a black Micarta, but am so glad I waited. The knife is everything I'd hoped for and it couldn't have been any better out of the box. Great detent, snappy flipper, nice edge. It's pretty tough on the old thumb trying to get it out with the studs, but I expect it'll break in.

0tvJNRM.jpg

9Zll48k.jpg

RtBoT3K.jpg

Here's my crew now--new guy and his big brothers

hfLODrn.jpg

Last edited:
I love the 3" XM18 Wharnie. I've had two before this one and always regretted selling them. They've gotten scarce now, but I managed to pick one up from a good fella who basically threw in almost an entire set of blue anodized hardware to boot. I ordered the missing blue filler tab and handle nuts immediately and everything arrived all at once today:

VGGO4Wi.jpg

7GJlbTu.jpg

And just for fun some different glamour shots of the edge:

7WZEmTu.jpg

sDWXtIy.jpg

And of course, the now pretty sizeable herd:

2i50APD.jpg

mT9McBJ.jpg

Not really sure what's next. Of course, responsible people would have stopped a long time ago with this Hinderer obsession. We'll see where things go...

I love the 3" XM18 Wharnie. I've had two before this one and always regretted selling them. They've gotten scarce now, but I managed to pick one up from a good fella who basically threw in almost an entire set of blue anodized hardware to boot. I ordered the missing blue filler tab and handle nuts immediately and everything arrived all at once today:

VGGO4Wi.jpg

7GJlbTu.jpg

7WZEmTu.jpg

sDWXtIy.jpg

2i50APD.jpg

mT9McBJ.jpg

Not really sure what's next. Of course, responsible people would have stopped a long time ago with this Hinderer obsession. We'll see where things go...

XM-24 or Jurrasic?

XM-24 or Jurrasic?

Possibly. But I can't get down with the reptile pattern g10 on the first run of Jurassic's. I'm curious to see what colors they offer when they do some in standard Hinderer texturing.

Y'all are probably getting tired of looking at pics of my new MP1, but I just got the other part of my lucky deal in the mail from DLT Trading and finished up putting this all together. Not only did I step in it being able to pick up this Micarta beauty in the brief time it was available, but it added enough bonus points to my total that I could get this Hinderer South Sister Ti bead for 74 cents including shipping. It was the last one they had at DLT and they're out of stock at Hinderer too. Guess that's enough luck for me for now.

LTwYCcW.jpg

WvGBdNs.jpg

Y'all are probably getting tired of looking at pics of my new MP1, but I just got the other part of my lucky deal in the mail from DLT Trading and finished up putting this all together. Not only did I step in it being able to pick up this Micarta beauty in the brief time it was available, but it added enough bonus points to my total that I could get this Hinderer South Sister Ti bead for 74 cents including shipping. It was the last one they had at DLT and they're out of stock at Hinderer too. Guess that's enough luck for me for now.

LTwYCcW.jpg

WvGBdNs.jpg
Love it. What's the knot that you've got going there?

Love it. What's the knot that you've got going there?
Thanks, h.d. Diamond. There seem to be a few different knots dubbed "diamonds". I've tied a squatter version that's also known as a "false Turk" that looks like the one on the right you posted the other day over at the Lanyard Thread #96.

Thanks, h.d. Diamond. There seem to be a few different knots dubbed "diamonds". I've tied a squatter version that's also known as a "false Turk" that looks like the one on the right you posted the other day over at the Lanyard Thread #96.

Now I know which knot-tying tutorial to watch next on the youtubes... :D

VGGO4Wi.jpg

7GJlbTu.jpg

7WZEmTu.jpg

sDWXtIy.jpg

2i50APD.jpg

mT9McBJ.jpg

Hey Halden, that Wharnie looks good, nice work my friend.

Back