Let's see some new steel!!

That knife nice looks very fine Rob and appears to be able to take on a steady diet of wood. Do let her go malnourished! :)

Mark

^^LOL... thanks man I appreciate it...

made the sheath for it tonight.... deep concealment with good retention no chance of losing this one..
IMG_3904_zpsdbef7b97.jpg

IMG_3906_zps8d94ea1c.jpg

Great Brother! The over all appearence of this one is just plain rustic and useable from bushcrafting over hunting to longhunter renactment!
Sweet! Like your conturing! Maybe some more cokebottle would be sweet on your knives!
You are back all the way!
The combo of wood, liners and leather is just balanced and strong!
how much would you want for one of these... let me know, so I can consider my next bushcraft purchase options!
Cheers from Austria!
Max

Very nice Rob, that's a heck of a way to start a new year of knife making. The handle is awesome and I like the sheath you made for it.

What material are the pins made from?

Thanks man, the pins are micarta..

I wished I had eyelets for leather I think this sheath screams for one at least at the bottom...

Rob
Wow! Just wow! Very nice my friend. I'm thinking I need one of those. And......very nice leather work too!
All the best
Doug

Thanks Doug,

I should clarify the $145 before I get in trouble, that includes knife and sheath like above without loop or steel, Its $165 as seen exactly above with 2 liners and curly maple.. just had someone order one and would hate for this thread to get tied up in a price war :)....

That kephart is sick Rob.

finished my challenge knife, totally pressed for time to make sure it arrived on time.. there were a few things I'd like to have tweaked to make it feel and look better but all in all I'm happy with it...

btw, in my haste I drilled one of the bridge holes that I randomly drill to balance knife and bridge epoxy together, luckily enough I was able to salvage the scales by inserting a tube with a mosaic pin...

Rob
Congrats on a fine looking blade. I'm glad that you will have your work on display and compete. It should draw a lot of attention to the quality of your blades. When life get settled down for you, I would like to get my name on your list for a future run of steel.
All the best!
Doug

Perfect job! Happy to see you back in the saddle Bro!
Thats a fine example of a all around woods and hunting blade! some day i´d like to carry one of your up and down the austrian mountains!
Do you feel like a longhunter/Bushcraft knife design-combo would be an interesting idea... love your color and leather combinations! The mosaic pin is a great idea! I think every handmade blade should have one! cheers!

Knife did good in the testing -- sheath has excellent retention, the beads on the fire steel are ingenious, the finish was smooth but not slick, and the knife carved and chopped bamboo like it was going out of style.

sweetness Erik good to hear.... there were a list of things I wished I had time to address but I digress.. and with that said realized I'm not going to win any beauty contest... :D

oh btw, the bead thing I did a while back merely by accident:p no lie, I like it so much, I think its the goto thingamabob !!! really glad you liked it and thanks again for all your hard work and bringing it with...

rob

The Kephart got a lot of complements as well -- it did not come out during the testing, but the 2 days previous were a different story.
Most of the people who handled both liked the grips on the keppie better than those on the challenge knife, too.
Moose will be contacting you for a shipping address to send it back to, and I need an address for the next stop for the Kephart.

yeah I was skeered and left the handles a 'lot' thicker on the challenge knife in fear I'd jack them up, then no time to turn back:D ..... I kick myself everytime I procrastinate like that, wished I gave it the time it deserved.. but it is what it is, had I given myself more time on the handles I think they'd been more pleasing..

I suspect you're right -- but even so, they did fine.
besides, the feedback is what challenges are all about.
if you never screw up, you can't improve.

Back