LETS SEE THOSE MAGNIFICENT HJ's

Lots of cool HJs in this thread... I tried reading through alot of it but now after the photobucket change so many pics are unfortunately missing...

I wanted to share this old Waterville HJ I posted in the "Old Knives" thread - I figured it belonged here too - but also have a question about the punch blade in terms of origin as I was wondering if Waterville made it or if it was made and sourced from one of the patents listed above by supratentorial?? There is no markings on the punch blade at all and took photos of both mark and pile sides. Perhaps a similar example is within the thread but I'm not finding it so thanks in advance for any help!!

This HJ is 3 &1/2" and has a cutout in brass liner and bone covers to access the punch.... (Duncan also posted a beautiful stag handled Waterville HJ today with the same punch blade - Duncan if you see this my friend you should post your wonderful example of a different Waterville HJ here as well - not too often you get to see the same pattern in 2 styles from the same company :) ).....

1dkc6nS.jpg

8RCqZr0.jpg

9musZ8M.jpg

RkOzOog.jpg

IHzjRDr.jpg

76oON7b.jpg

Thanks for looking and shedding any light on the punch blade!!

That HJ is already in this Thread- PB issues have hidden them - but I will re- edit the Thread which will take a while.
I will check it out and post the Waterville soon my friend.
Many thanks for placing that beautiful HJ in here- that most definitely has a different stamp - so a comparison will be great.

This thread had slipped all the way back to page 8!!! Time for a little resuscitation!!
This is an HJ-plus!! I made that up, but it is interesting to see early examples of multi-tools!!

Utica HJ plus 1.jpg
Utica HJ plus 2.jpg

At first glance you might see the screwdriver at the end of the extended liner, but fan out the blades, and there is a third, multi-opener blade!
A handy tool kit for a teamster or cowboy!!

Utica made most of their punches with a matchstrike long pull. This knife has all three blades stamped with the arched "UTICA", and has nice sturdy Ebony handles. All blades are half-stopped.

Attachments

• Utica HJ plus 1.jpg
    Utica HJ plus 1.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 6
Wow!
Thank you for reviving the Thread Charlie with such an outstanding Knife.

That would HAVE to be a very rare Knife Charlie! Stunner indeed.:cool:

Last edited:
This thread had slipped all the way back to page 8!!! Time for a little resuscitation!!
This is an HJ-plus!! I made that up, but it is interesting to see early examples of multi-tools!!

View attachment 739464
View attachment 739466

At first glance you might see the screwdriver at the end of the extended liner, but fan out the blades, and there is a third, multi-opener blade!
A handy tool kit for a teamster or cowboy!!

Utica made most of their punches with a matchstrike long pull. This knife has all three blades stamped with the arched "UTICA", and has nice sturdy Ebony handles. All blades are half-stopped.
Outstanding in every way, Charlie! I bet she is heavy. Man o man what a knife!!!

A while ago I spied a couple of Charlies SFO HJ's for sale, I have another arrival- but cant remember where I bought it?- it may have been the For Sale Thread?...I have these in my collection already - but cant go past these.. and it gives me an opportunity to preserve one or two and use one to get the enjoyment per model!

JCdI1Nk.jpg

5lAOvxR.jpg

C2gZm2Y.jpg

c63jeJW.jpg

I just simply LOVE all of these HJ's - but the Golden Root Pic Bone is something pretty Special

JSxLhos.jpg

TpU7gKY.jpg

o5DEe9L.jpg

vnK8eHx.jpg

Well, my great friend Mr. Paul Hilborn gifted me this Knife and it was among the boxes of Knives that he sent me - Paul mate- I love our friendship- I just cannot thank you enough my friend for that - and for the knives that you have gifted me- I honestly dont think I would be able to count them all over the years!..
But friends...Paul saw this and he thought of me being the HJ, so he snatched it upi for me...Man...this is one BIG STONKIN' Knife! 4 inches closed and wgat a beautiful Knife it is...Matchstrike Long Pulls- Stunning Bone - a change...this one is Stainless- so thats a real good mix up for me!...Check out this beauty...Paul My friend....words truly at times dont seem to be enough to express the heart felt thanks to you my friend...

TKNpdFN.jpg

J3Glkm4.jpg

Wow...
t4MxEyh.jpg

This is why I love HJ's...
wrKSsi2.jpg

Nice bunch, Duncan. That Stag 54 is extra special!
But they all are!!!
Thanks for showing them.

I went and got a cold beer, and went through them again!!

Nice one Charlie- truth be Known I just cracked a cold one myself...Oh man...I just bought another HJ!!:eek::rolleyes:
I also bought a Lotto ticket to help fund my need.:thumbsup:
Thank you my friend!

Back