Lets See thoses MACHETE'S

All I got is a CS Kukri and Kukri Magnum. I would post pics but between the Fiddleback, Koyote, and the swap meet revamp (VERY cool by the way), I would feel shame. Yes, shame, that's the emotion. Hurry up Andy, I want a FB machete. Could you put a moose etching on the blade for me? :D Thanks for making me jealous again guys, lol. Moose

002-15.jpg

This of mine was cut down some

I just shipped a 22" CPM-3v machete out to Peters Heat Treat. When it gets back I'll post WIP pictures...

Moose, don't feel shame. As beautiful as those knives are, there is definitely a beauty factor to a brand new 6 dollar Tramontina too. the Tramontina Brazil stamp just screams authenticity, and the handle is very comfortable. Who cares as long as it gets the job done? To me, a beautiful machete is one that has beaten the hell out of stuff. The natural wear and tear is the icing on the cake, no matter who makes it, or out of what.

10 Inch HI Jungle Knife on the backyard trail
P1010070.jpg

HI WWII, 12 inch blade
P1010061.jpg

Trusty Condor Bolo, 15.5 inch
P1010058.jpg

Condor Khukri
P1010057.jpg

14 inch tram
P1010055.jpg

Comparison shots
P1010050.jpg

P1010048.jpg

P1010043.jpg

Jungle Knife again
P1010034.jpg

WWII closeup
P1010014.jpg

P1010008.jpg

60118_1381944841106_1606500107_30955448_6374492_n-1.jpg

14 inch Tram with a R Murphy Belt Knife on the Lower Salmon
tram1.jpg

knivereviewsandowl133.jpg

One of my favorite survival duos
DSCN3973.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my 12' Fiddleback Forge. It's getting the most usage lately.

5.jpg

a1.jpg

9.jpg

a2.jpg

a3.jpg

a7.jpg

b9.jpg

c1.jpg

c2.jpg

c4.jpg

c6.jpg

c7.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

Man, those Fiddle-Machetes are great looking!

Since I deleted my whole blade album, I'll have to dig around to get them located and loaded back up:mad:

ROCK6

Thanks!, No we never figured out who made the tapanga, maybe there'll be some new member here who might know that makers mark....and there where no maker marks on what looks like a Collins....

44539395.jpg

Only maker's mark I can think of that's vaguely similar is Hansa, but they don't make such a piece right now and the mark doesn't quite match.

yhst-29358752693524_2123_5128885

Man, those Fiddle-Machetes are great looking!

Since I deleted my whole blade album, I'll have to dig around to get them located and loaded back up:mad:

ROCK6

I've been wondering about that. not a lot of photos coming out of rock6 land....

I second, third, fifteenth, whateve ron the fiddlechetes. Really nice designs all around, plenty of choice in details. And really good handle work. Love those.

Also, just for giggles, here are the ones I've modded so far. I no longer have any of these, as they were all modified and then sold.

CIMG8650.jpg

CIMG7950.jpg

CIMG9727.jpg

CIMG9705.jpg

CIMG9652.jpg

CIMG9266.jpg

CIMG9599.jpg

OK, Ok, I'll post a pic. This is my second CS Kukri, I loaned my first one to my brother, yeah, I'll never see it again. Under that, my KH Jungle Panawal Rough. It has seen some action (Note the tactical grip) I have some Becker scales I'm gonna put on it when I get the chance. Well balanced and chops like crazy. It is currently watching over my wood burning stove, getting ready for the season. Odd thing, I paid $28 for the knife and $55 to ship it from Nepal. Sic. Thanks again guys. Moose

100_1260.jpg

Moose, check out HI... you can get a deal on a small khuk like that for maybe 60 bucks some days. Great specimens of well loved users.

NCMtwins6.jpg

Bark River goodness, a NSF Bark River Modified Ontario machette and a Bark River Golok, both in natural canvas Micarta.
015-1.jpg

img0621q.jpg

This one's been performing so well for me I'm pretty much done looking. Any others will be a refinement on this blade for my area of operations. If I have to go somewhere else I'll re-evaluate my needs but this blade is a real keeper. Mac

img0621q.jpg

This one's been performing so well for me I'm pretty much done looking. Any others will be a refinement on this blade for my area of operations. If I have to go somewhere else I'll re-evaluate my needs but this blade is a real keeper. Mac

pict-

what's the actual dimensions (including blade thickness) on that, where is the balance, and what do you like about it? I am working on doing a second machete "model" in the straight edge "cleaver clip" style.

I've posted tons of pics of this one already but it's my favorite, seen here with my Spydie:
machete.jpg

From the spoon contest thread:
downsized_0824001930.jpg

From the last overnight:
DSCF1411.jpg

I guess it's kind of a stretch calling it a machete, it's more like a short-sword. :D

Back