Let's see your Osprey K/T

That's one magical Raptor

CF in all its varieties is really nice stuff. Chris might have varying opinions having to sand the nastiness, but the end product always speaks for itself. I always think serpent skin when I have a CF handled knife out...

We finally got a nice sunny day here in SW FL so I was able to take the Blue Glow Carbon Fiber handled Raptor out by the pool to play:

Chris wasn't kidding when he said that the quality of the CF was outstanding. It has very pleasing patterning & texture:

And now for the hard part, trying to capture the glow that emanates from within the handle:

As my good friend Phil (Comprehensivist) cautioned me in a PM.......be on the lookout for Orcs when the knife begins to glow !

Once again Chris has introduced us to a whole new realm in handle material......thanks Chris :thumbup:

Wow, nice!!!!! Congrats!

btw That's the 2nd knife in this past week, which you own and I'm now regretting that I didn't go for them. I'll PM later and explain why but PLEASE make a note that I'd like your black bolstered Ruby Sylvrfalcen should you ever want/need to part with it.

And yes, watch out for Orcs :D

Wow, nice!!!!! Congrats!

btw That's the 2nd knife in this past week, which you own and I'm now regretting that I didn't go for them. I'll PM later and explain why but PLEASE make a note that I'd like your black bolstered Ruby Sylvrfalcen should you ever want/need to part with it.

And yes, watch out for Orcs :D

Jerry:

Under normal circumstances most of us do not stand a chance going up against your hyper drive connection speed. It is only fitting that you allow yourself to get distracted (SQUIRREL) and give us mere mortals a chance to snag a nice knife now & then. In that respect I consider myself both lucky & fortunate. Remember.....Squirrel !!!!

As for the Ruby Slipper Sylvrfalcen, it is now in the hands of Snow Monkey. Be very careful.....she's a biter ;)

Peter

That is a very handsome Raptor Peter. I always thought envy was supposed to be green. It appears to be blue that triggers it with most of the members here.

Congratulations on a great score. You better have the guard Owl keep watch on that one. ;)

Phil

"That's a really cool picture Peter! I am really enjoying all these pictures you guys are sharing! Did you use the Raptor on the crab?"

Chris:

To answer your question, we used the handle of a Fiddleback Production Hiking Buddy to do some additional cracking of the outer shell, and the tip of the Raptor to dig out some of those hard to reach nooks & crannies. Very effective "off label" deployment in each case.

Peter

That is awesome Phil! I like the way you think and I am glad the Raptor could help facilitate your Mcgyvering your crab dinner!!:D:thumbup:

We finally got a nice sunny day here in SW FL so I was able to take the Blue Glow Carbon Fiber handled Raptor out by the pool to play:

DSC00818_zpsfkd9bndw.jpg

Chris wasn't kidding when he said that the quality of the CF was outstanding. It has very pleasing patterning & texture:

DSC00813_zpsigceverp.jpg

And now for the hard part, trying to capture the glow that emanates from within the handle:

DSC00824_zpsfsdmaefd.jpg

As my good friend Phil (Comprehensivist) cautioned me in a PM.......be on the lookout for Orcs when the knife begins to glow !

Once again Chris has introduced us to a whole new realm in handle material......thanks Chris :thumbup:

I am excited to see you finally got a sunny day in the Sunshine state (Pun intended) :D to see the full beauty and quality of the Carbon Fiber.

I do concur after working with this CF it is the best and most striking around, and 100% void free to boot.
It looks really good in the pictures you posted I had a fun time trying to photograph the glow clearly as well. I found if I get a good charge and move to a semi dark room I can get a clear picture of the CF and the Glow at the sametime. If the lighting is too dark you just see glow and I haven't figured out how to photograph that well yet. Too bright and you just see CF.
Looks like you figured that out based on the looks of the last picture. Nice Job!!

Just an random passing thought, but it would be really cool if someone or I could photograph a Glow Carbon Fiber Knife in movement under darkness with a long exposure using the knife.
Kind of like the pictures you see of the city at night with all of the lights moving around.

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us!

That's one magical Raptor

CF in all its varieties is really nice stuff. Chris might have varying opinions having to sand the nastiness, but the end product always speaks for itself. I always think serpent skin when I have a CF handled knife out...

Its is magical indeed! I spent hours admiring and playing with this Carbon Fiber, It is very unpleasant to work with, and is one of the more dangerous materials to machine. I take all the necessary safety precautions and found that I enjoy the finished product so much that the undesirable issues are easily dealt with.

I to get reminded of a serpent with the weave patterns, the Copper infused CF however gives me a Leopard skin feel. I have a little bit more Glow infused CF, I have Blue, White, and Aqua, and I know I can order Green, Orange, Red Glow infused CF from the same maker. I have a feeling will end up trying all these colors at some point. There are also other unique Carbon Fibers I plan on using as well. It should be exciting!!

That is a very handsome Raptor Peter. I always thought envy was supposed to be green. It appears to be blue that triggers it with most of the members here.

Congratulations on a great score. You better have the guard Owl keep watch on that one. ;)

Phil

I agree Phil, this one is a real stunner! I appears Blue is in. I am pretty partial to blue myself!!

Phil

Thanks Phil, recognizing your love for the Raptor I appreciate your comments......BTW, My Guard Owl is always poised & ready:

DSC00845_zpsnqgwqsgb.jpg

I've even added an "intruder alert" early detection system:

DSC00847_zpsfwyosb5d.jpg

Sure hope the CIA doesn't find a way to hack in & defeat these protective systems :eek:

I am excited to see you finally got a sunny day in the Sunshine state (Pun intended) :D to see the full beauty and quality of the Carbon Fiber.

I do concur after working with this CF it is the best and most striking around, and 100% void free to boot.
It looks really good in the pictures you posted I had a fun time trying to photograph the glow clearly as well. I found if I get a good charge and move to a semi dark room I can get a clear picture of the CF and the Glow at the sametime. If the lighting is too dark you just see glow and I haven't figured out how to photograph that well yet. Too bright and you just see CF.
Looks like you figured that out based on the looks of the last picture. Nice Job!!

Just an random passing thought, but it would be really cool if someone or I could photograph a Glow Carbon Fiber Knife in movement under darkness with a long exposure using the knife.
Kind of like the pictures you see of the city at night with all of the lights moving around.

Thank you for sharing the pictures with us![/QUOTE]

The real thanks goes to you Chris for crafting this awesome knife, and of course to Jerry for being distracted that day (Squirrel) ;)

Ok it's official the Raptor is next on my list of wants! Thanks bro like I needed any help! Those lines are just amazing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok it's official the Raptor is next on my list of wants! Thanks bro like I needed any help! Those lines are just amazing :)

It's all Chris's fault....Ha Ha Ha Ha.....when in doubt, blame it on the Maker !

That is one sweet blade Peter! Nice Taper too.... :thumbup:

Thanks Phillip, I'd say that Chris sprinkled a little extra Nice all over this blade. Can't wait to see more based on the different flavors Chris mentioned.

dc1973e3b1b85cfdbe65ad841efcfb57.jpg

On loan from the gentleman of the feral persuasion... proper initiation first! Matè time!!

^^ Lookin' good in the Lone Star state. That is very sweet "loaner." Even though I am not normally a fan of orange liners/pinstripes in most cases, I think they look good with the Thunderstorm Kevlar.

Have fun and don't poke yourself!

Phil

dc1973e3b1b85cfdbe65ad841efcfb57.jpg

On loan from the gentleman of the feral persuasion... proper initiation first! Matè time!!

Good stuff. I am glad it got there with no hiccups. I like how the brass strands flow with the loose matè leaves in this pic. Have fun with it!

^^ Lookin' good in the Lone Star state. That is very sweet "loaner." Even though I am not normally a fan of orange liners/pinstripes in most cases, I think they look good with the Thunderstorm Kevlar.

Have fun and don't poke yourself!

Phil

I'll be careful Phil!! The orange liners do well setting off the scales which have zero voids btw. My knife background immediately has me thinking of boning out a whitetail or hog carcass. It's got that meat purveyor knife look to my eye, and yet it's a tad more assertive, well maybe more than a tad. I like it!!

Last edited:
Back