Lets see your "working" knives

Thanks Smith but I can't exactly call that a patina. It's acid etched stainless. I guess I'm going to end up with a reverse patina as the etch wears off. None the less, I use the snot out of that knife. That's why I bought it.

Ben

I decided to try something a little different and brought my rough rider barlow with me to work
man i dont know what it is, but i just love this knife, i keep wanting to fall in love with something a little...i dunno better (better steel, american made) but this knife just tickles my fancy.

009-1.jpg

It says a lot about a knife when you don't have to try to like it, and maybe even like it in spite of yourself. Heh. I didn't used to care for barlows, but that's before I began using them.

it's just comfortable and enjoyable to use.

It doesn't get better than that, regardless of price range and/or origin. :thumbup:

~ P.

yeah you might be onto something
it was really cheap (under $10) and chinese made which should set off all sorts of alarms

but its just good. no gaps, no blade play its actually in better condition than most of my case's, which i find to be sad but its the truth

granted its 440A steel, but it seems to get sharp and stay sharp reasonably well, it lacks half-stops which doesnt bother me any
its small, but heavy, which i like, i can feel it in my pocket which is reassuring and its just big enough for my hand to get all my fingers around it (which IS important to me)

i think the bone scales are attractive...i dunno i just cant put my finger on it
just a nice lil buddy to have around. definitely gonna keep taking it to work and see how it holds up over time, folks around here aren't hugely favorable to 440A steel so i'll see how it holds up in a warehouse environment

*edit* one other thing i thought of...i really like the large clip blade on this rough rider alot better than the slim california clip blades ..i know this is just a personal choice, but the large clip and small pen is a great set up...then again it HAS been around for awhile and presumably is popular for a reason :p*

Hey all,

Definitely not as nice as your guys' blades, but i really like the patina on this one and ive had it for decades.

IMG_20120424_150638.jpg

IMG_20120424_150633.jpg

IMG_20120424_173456.jpg

I picked up this Dave Farmer knife in a trade recently.I modified the handle and forced a patina on it..Been carrying it at work for the last couple of weeks and its a VERY good knife..I dont know what the steel is but its full convex grind holds an edge extremely well...An excellent slicer................................FES

knivesanirish024.jpg

Hi,

I seem to have two that get used a lot. A Boker Barlow and a RR small Lockback. All though a Boker USA Congress is weaseling its way into more and more pocket time.

100_7065.jpg

102_7932.jpg

dalee

mms_picture_2-9.jpg

I know I posted this picture in another thread, but it deserves to be here too. This Sodbuster just keeps asking for more.

I am not sure if this counts as traditional, but the 110 is the knife my dad used to carry and obviously use a lot, until he gave it to me for my 16th birthday I think.
014.jpg

My Camillus that was issued to me in the Navy in 1979. Accompanied me throughout my Navy career, from the deckplates to the office environment for many years. Then, it served general duty in my garage tool-box for prying with the spike, cutting rubber fuel lines and a myriad of other tasks.
401f27fe.jpg

9ef79867.jpg

I have this knife and I had no Idea that it is as old as me! That is cool, I am not even sure where I got it either.

I am not sure if this counts as traditional, but the 110 is the knife my dad used to carry and obviously use a lot, until he gave it to me for my 16th birthday I think.
014.jpg
That 110 sure does count! ...at least in my opinion. And the fact that it was your dad's and he passed it down to you definitely gives it more traditional charm.
And what is that fixed blade? Looks like it could be a 124 Frontiersman. Nice!! :thumbup:

I am not sure what the fixed blade is, I got it in a trade in high school, It is another Buck though.

I am not sure what the fixed blade is, I got it in a trade in high school, It is another Buck though.

How long is the blade?
Looks like maybe a 102 Woodsman.

Back