1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Lionsteel SR-1A adjustment tool

Discussion in 'LionSteel knives' started by Arick, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Arick

Arick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2009
    I'm acquiring my first Lionsteel and I can't find the adjustment tool on the website as my knife will not come with one. Does anybody know where I can obtain one or how to make one? I'm mainly needing it for clip adjustment. Any help from BladeForums members would be greatly appreciated thanks.

Be seeing you, Arick

Last edited: Mar 23, 2017
    Lapedog likes this.
  2. SpySmasher

SpySmasher Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 1, 2016
    I've emailed LionSteel twice in the last two weeks asking how to get a replacement pivot tool. They haven't graced me with a response.

I'm kind of pissed of that they can't even be arsed to answer a customer email. :/

Lapedog and Arick like this.
  3. Arick

Arick Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Well I got my answer today and it's not good unless you feel like being hosed for €18 for something that's made on par with the quality of a free bottle opener with a six-pack of beer in the 1960's.

Check out the email I kinda know what I'm going to do with my knife now.

Screenshot_20170420-174637.jpg

Lapedog likes this.
  4. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    I assume you are getting your SR1 second hand because I believe all the new ones come with a tool. If you look at the bolt that holds the clip on you will see it can be turned with some thin needle nose pliers. Just put a cloth like the one that comes from Chris Reeve between the pliers and the bolt if you want to prevent scratches. If you can find a needle nose pliers with tines thin enough that they can sort of fit in the grooves of the bolt they will work quite well. Fortunately the pivot screw on the SR1 can be adjusted with a regular torx wrench.

Arick likes this.
  5. Lapedog

Lapedog

Dec 7, 2016
    Oh by the way if the bolt is too tight and the method I mentioned above is not working try wrapping a little bit of rubber band around the clip bolt and pinching the bolt horizontally with some stronger pliers.

Arick likes this.