1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

"long" bladed LBk as a woods bumming knife?

Discussion in 'Koyote Custom Knives' started by lmalterna, Nov 12, 2011.

1. lmalterna

lmalterna Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 12, 2002
    Guys, I have recently acquired a few Koyotes including a SERE LBK. I am looking for a woods bumming blade duo. I bought the ash necker and see it being my small belt knife for most chores. I REALLY like the LBK for everything else but I could use more blade length for battoning, drawknife use and a little chopping.

I guess it would be extending the LBK blade to near Bush Beater range. 7-8" I like the handle length,size and security of the drop edge and built in guard. I liek the raised spine giving a thumb ramp. Another way to look at it is a spear point field dirk. I also have a GBB right now but I don't see using it as much for my purposes. The ash necker is already winning me on small carving and food prep :)

Thanks,
    Bill

2. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    AKA Mini Bolo............................ Doh!

3. koyote

koyote

Mar 29, 2007
    pretty much. Though if you want a dedicated chopping thing, I am finishing up a more straight edged bolo right now. It's closer to 11 inches.....

I sometimes extend the leuku pattern to a 1.5 or 1.75 inch broad 7-8 inch blade. Super leuku!

4. lmalterna

Dec 12, 2002
    I would like to see that bolo.....

Any 6-8" mini bolos in the pipe? Any minis at all? I am a micarta/durable woods kind of abuser.. I mean user. I love the LBK grip and picked up a skinny trail knife in Osage from you that also has teh similar grip/integral guard.

Bill