1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Looking for a metal cup to nest a Nalgene bottle in

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by Bumppo, May 2, 2012.

1. Bumppo

Bumppo

Jan 27, 2006
    Is anyone aware of a metal cup that I can boil water in that will nest a Nalgene bottle?

2. RyanW

RyanW Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 17, 2009
    Snow Peak 700 (.7 Litre) Titanium. That is what I use and it fits perfectly with the wide mouth Nalgene bottles in a Maxpedition Bottle Holder.

3. tknife

tknife Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 18, 1999
    I use a GSI Glacier cup

4. readyme

readyme

Oct 4, 2004
    Stainless steel one, I think it is GSI. Much cheaper than the Ti ones...just not as cool.

5. lightleak

lightleak

Jun 11, 2009
    I used to use a "tatonka handle mug" for that purpose, I think it had 500ml volume.

6. Bowman1911

Bowman1911

Dec 12, 2010
    I use the same cup with a 40 oz. Klean kanteen! Couldn't be happier!

Last edited: May 6, 2012
  7. thebrain

thebrain

Dec 12, 2007
    GSI Glacier cup fits great and about $11 around here.

8. Guyon

Guyon Biscuit Whisperer Staff Member Super Mod Gold Member

Mar 15, 2000
    Olicamp Space Saver.

[​IMG]

9. Guyon

Mar 15, 2000
    Off topic, but I also found that the Snow Peaks fit perfectly on two different sizes of Camelbak bottles.

[​IMG]

10. Tixx

Tixx Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 19, 2011
    I have both the GSI and SnowPeak 700. They both work great with 1L Nalgene and Stainless Steel Guyot/Nalgene bottles which are my preference.

11. Bumppo

Bumppo

Jan 27, 2006
    Thanks! Great suggestions.

12. Remo1

Remo1

Sep 17, 2010
    Guyon - What size bottles are these?

13. Guyon

Mar 15, 2000
    Left (green) is a one liter in a SP 600 mug. Right (blue) is a 750 mL (3/4 liter) in a SP 450 mug. Both bottles, as you can see, are Camelbak "Better Bottle" models.

14. sodak

sodak Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 26, 2004
    For me, the handles on the MSR are much more comfortable than the GSI ones. 2 Wolves used to have them, but they are getting hard to find.

15. broe

broe

May 8, 2011

+1 aaaaand it will fit the large stainless 40 oz Kleen Kanteen bottle. I have the Ti 700 ml cup and it works great. put it into a pouch with the lid on the bottom, the cup, then the water bottle and you will forget they are there till you need them.

16. 6shooter

6shooter

Sep 12, 2009
    The gsi minimalist nests very well on a nalgene.

17. Preacher Man

Preacher Man Moderator Moderator

Jan 28, 2005
    I use two GSI Glacier cups. I nest one on top and the other on the bottom of the nalgene bottle.