1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Looking for knife pattern

Discussion in 'Shop Talk - BladeSmith Questions and Answers' started by Chris'knives, Jul 6, 2009.

1. Chris'knives

Chris'knives

Jan 6, 2009
    I know that we should all come up with our own designs but there is only so much that can done that has not been done before. That being said I am looking for a place or person that has a a pattern for a Loveless drop point hunter. I am not looking for a blank just a pattern that can be trace on steel. I have tried countless times to make up a LDPH design and they never seem to come out right. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Keith_H

Keith_H

Jul 20, 2007
    You could work off of a photo of one.

3. 724wd

724wd

Dec 29, 2006
    here's a jpg of a picture i did of a LDPH.

[​IMG]

4. Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith

Stacy E. Apelt - Bladesmith ilmarinen - MODERATOR Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 20, 2004
    Lloyd Harding left his knife patterns to all of us after his passing. Here is a link to them hosted by Hurley :
    http://www.hurleyknives.com/lloydgallery.html
    There are hundreds of patterns to chose from. Just click on the side bars to open the patterns.
    Stacy

5. marekz

marekz

Jun 16, 2008
    that Lloyd Harding site is wonderful I found it awhile ago.. I thank him where ever he may be. Thank You Mr. Harding--marekz

6. panch0

panch0

Jun 16, 2008
    Oh my lord that Lloyd Harding site is great! I have been wanting to make a sharp finger style knife and it is there. Thanks for the link.

7. logem

logem

Nov 23, 2003
    Here's another template for a Loveless drop point hunter.

Click on the image to download a 1:1 scale drawing in PDF format.

[​IMG]

Edit: Oh, here's a finished one that I made:

[​IMG]

Mike L.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2010
  8. JBS TOOLMAKER

JBS TOOLMAKER

May 4, 2009
    Mike L, your pattern is spot on. And I noticed that you noticed Loveless knives don't have a choil.

9. JBS TOOLMAKER

JBS TOOLMAKER

May 4, 2009
    Are all of these his patterns ? Good inspiration here.

10. 12345678910

Jul 13, 2009
  11. Leatherface

Leatherface

Dec 3, 2005
  12. wassomeoneelse

wassomeoneelse

Jan 19, 2007
    That site works and you just have to wait for it to go thru the motions. I downloaded it last night for free from the site 123456789........................................... put up.

13. Leatherface

Leatherface

Dec 3, 2005
    ahhhhh

ok

thanks

14. jll346

jll346 Knife maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2006
    Doesn't work for me either??

15. rrambo

rrambo

Oct 6, 2009
    just tried it.. it works.. click on free user.. next page loads, wait the specified time and click on the download link at the top of the page, the download link takes the place of the countdown when time is up...

16. jll346

jll346 Knife maker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

May 29, 2006
    got it!

17. hellgap

hellgap

Dec 17, 2008
    logem what a nice knife snake wood handle too.

18. Ilovetoolsteel

Ilovetoolsteel

Jul 28, 2003
  19. BladeWarriorTony

BladeWarriorTony

Nov 15, 2009
    great stuff thanks guys

20. Uncle Buddy

Uncle Buddy

Aug 12, 2010
    I just tried it, August 2010. File is still up just like they say. Free repidshare down load takes about 30 min on my laptop. Thanks guys.