• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Looking for my Stolen Knives and Gear in Bay Area California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow hope you get these back. Why did you have all of these in your jeep?
Good question. It seems odd a person carrying around $10--12K of knives in their vehicle. If this is a regular practice, you can be assured that someone close to the OP did it, as someone mentioned.
You need to pay a visit to every pawn shop within 10 miles of the theft. give them a print of the pictures and offer them the reward.
This is sound advice, I would start googling like a madman to get phone numbers and addresses.

I love EKI, and these are some truly rare beauties. This is heartbreaking. I hope you are able to get the knives back.

Thanks for the comments and for looking out guys.

I went to a going away party for co-workers, then I was supposed to go to 2 USN forum BBQ's after where we show off our goods and pass them around. While I was at the going away party this happened. The robber broke the back driver side window on my Jeep and took 3 bags full of all kinds of stuff. The knives alone are in the $20-30k range not to mention 2 cameras and a bunch of USN gear and patch collection. It was a heartbreaking day.

I have detectives on the case and many eyes peeled and I am friends with Duane and other local shops. I am hoping for the best but prepared for the worst.

Heres a couple pics from my cell while waiting for the police.
jeep1o.jpg

jeep2l.jpg

Last edited:
Words cannot describe how much that sucks! I really hope you find them! did you have any kind of insurance on a collection like that? I wish I could help, but I'm on the other side of the country

Wow. That's terrible. I don't think the knife shops around here do any buying, but I've never actually asked. I'll go and check them out for you.

I feel so bad for you.. I often wonder how I would feel if someone stole my small collection of knives. Good luck to you and I hope someone catches the little bastards.

Words cannot describe how much that sucks! I really hope you find them! did you have any kind of insurance on a collection like that? I wish I could help, but I'm on the other side of the country

My homeowners insurance said they will cover it. What a pain it is going to be though.

Thanks guys. Just keep and eye out and let me know asap if you see anything.

That's a huge bummer. I won't even get into why you felt those all had to be in your jeep during a going away party. Regardless, I'm always hunting around South and East Bay for good knives and will keep an eye out. At least they're not just run of the mill production knives, so they should be easy to spot. I'm confused as to why your location says Midwest but they got stolen in San Leandro out of your jeep. Nice Rubicon, too. Good thing they didn't hotwire it and take that too!

My homeowners insurance said they will cover it. What a pain it is going to be though.

Thanks guys. Just keep and eye out and let me know asap if you see anything.

I'd hold off on that for a little while if I were you. That way you have a chanece to locate your stuff. If Homeowners ins. pays out, & then your belongings are located, they belong to the insurance company. Had this exact thing happen to me 10 years ago this last february. Insurance paid out, one thief wasn't happy with his cut & rolled on the other guy. Long story short, law enforcement located a big chunk of my things & I still couldn't get 'em back.

Sounds to me like a few folks might have known where you'd be and what you'd have...

Good luck, that was an impressive collection to say the least.

That's a huge bummer. I won't even get into why you felt those all had to be in your jeep during a going away party. Regardless, I'm always hunting around South and East Bay for good knives and will keep an eye out. At least they're not just run of the mill production knives, so they should be easy to spot. I'm confused as to why your location says Midwest but they got stolen in San Leandro out of your jeep. Nice Rubicon, too. Good thing they didn't hotwire it and take that too!

It's a free country right? Well not totally, but I had never been robbed before and had my guard down. I forgot to update my location in 2009. A few knives are one offs, a few are 1 of 5 made, a few had limited production. They stick out for sure.

I love my Jeep but have had nothing but issues since getting it. I wonder if it's cursed. This robbery, also a lady ran a red light and hit the Jeep. Jeep also put a new head on the motor, this is all in 10 months. whats next?

I'd hold off on that for a little while if I were you. That way you have a chanece to locate your stuff. If Homeowners ins. pays out, & then your belongings are located, they belong to the insurance company. Had this exact thing happen to me 10 years ago this last february. Insurance paid out, one thief wasn't happy with his cut & rolled on the other guy. Long story short, law enforcement located a big chunk of my things & I still couldn't get 'em back.

Thanks for the advice, I thought if they somehow came back I would be able to buy them back from insurance. Atleast thats what I got out of talking to the claims agent.

Sounds to me like a few folks might have known where you'd be and what you'd have...

Good luck, that was an impressive collection to say the least.

No one I was with knew about my home life or hobbies. I haven't been working with them long enough for them to find out. I actually went to the party to get to know them better. Now they all know about what I do.

I thought that too, & they alluded to it in my case, but when they actually found my stuff, they refused. This might have changed since then, as it was 10 years ago, but just a little warning.

Wow. That is super bad. I hope you get your knives back. Good to hear that you're working with detectives, however, be cautious of what you tell them. I had ~10k worth of tools and computers stolen out of my car's trunk while it was parked at the airport in 2009. I ran through my employer's insurance claim nonsense (which took about six months) as it was a company car, but my tools and computer. Long story short, I got a hold of the official police report and apparently I was the chief suspect in the theft for "fraudulent claims." The innocent questions the police asked me-Did anyone know you had these tools in your car? Can anyone verify, blah, blah, blah only pointed to me. The claim was processed and I never saw the tools again, however, I was shocked by what the police said.

I love my Jeep but have had nothing but issues since getting it. I wonder if it's cursed. This robbery, also a lady ran a red light and hit the Jeep. Jeep also put a new head on the motor, this is all in 10 months. whats next?

No one I was with knew about my home life or hobbies. I haven't been working with them long enough for them to find out. I actually went to the party to get to know them better. Now they all know about what I do.

Your TAD emblem on your window gave you away. Just saying.

Hope some good news will come out of this.

What sucks is that there is probably some 18 year old POS walking around with a 5K knife in his pocket. Hopefully you made flyers up and delivered them to every Police station, substation, Highway patrol barracks and Sheriff's Office as they just might run into one of your knives on the street.

Last edited:
DUDE. that sincerely sucks. i really hope you find them, or at least get compensation of some sort.

years down the road , long after we are all dead, bladeforums members will be hunting these knives down like a lost treasure.

im pretty sure the nazis, God, and extra dimensional beings alike' will all have some sort of association with this collection at one point or another.

watch out for crazed devil worshipers and snakes.

[...] I went to a going away party for co-workers, then I was supposed to go to 2 USN forum BBQ's after where we show off our goods and pass them around. [...]

[...] No one I was with knew about my home life or hobbies. I haven't been working with them long enough for them to find out. I actually went to the party to get to know them better. Now they all know about what I do.

Have you considered that it is possible that someone knew you would have high-end knives in your jeep? It may be a revolting thought, but something to consider.

Have you considered that it is possible that someone knew you would have high-end knives in your jeep? It may be a revolting thought, but something to consider.

This.

If no other cars or trucks were hit, you were targeted. Maybe randomly targeted by someone who just happened to see you pull in, think there was quick money in your Jeep to grab, but more likely by someone who knew what they were doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back