• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Looking for my Stolen Knives and Gear in Bay Area California

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if the knives don't start popping up in Pawn shops and on the street then a collector may have played a role in this theft. Sad thought but.........

Your TAD emblem on your window gave you away. Just saying.

Hope some good news will come out of this.

You're saying a tweeker saw a sticker with a compass(no writing) on it and knew to hit my Jeep?

Have you considered that it is possible that someone knew you would have high-end knives in your jeep? It may be a revolting thought, but something to consider.

No one I was meeting at this first party knew I was into knives. I even decided going at the last minute. If it were someone I knew I WILL find out about it sooner or later. We shall see.

I hope you find your gear and the thieving scum is brought to justice. I would have had a meltdown.

Last edited:
You're saying a tweeker saw a sticker with a compass(no writing) on it and knew to hit my Jeep?

For those who know about TAD gear (and their logo), the thief (thieves) must have an idea that they are very cool and expensive gears. The bags/backpacks alone already cost north of couple hundred dollars.
My Toyota Tacoma truck with a camper shell was broken into at a popular bike trail in Santa Cruz this past summer. I had a "Serrota" sticker on the back window. Luckily that day we were only scooting around on our $200 beach cruisers bought at Costco. I concluded the thieves must have known that a custom made Serrota bike costs an average of 7 grand USD a piece.

For those who know about TAD gear (and their logo), the thief (thieves) must have an idea that they are very cool and expensive gears. The bags/backpacks alone already cost north of couple hundred dollars.
My Toyota Tacoma truck with a camper shell was broken into at a popular bike trail in Santa Cruz this past summer. I had a "Serrota" sticker on the back window. Luckily that day we were only scooting around on our $200 beach cruisers bought at Costco. I concluded the thieves must have known that a custom made Serrota bike costs an average of 7 grand USD a piece.

I suppose if you're in the know it could happen.

One piece of good news, I found the Black and Green HD-7 in my glove box! I looked there so many times but it wasn't until I was feeling around for sunglasses that I felt the knife between a couple padded cases with paperwork wrapped around it. No updates on anything else.

Damn I live right next door to you in San Jose O_O
lost a lot of damn good knives, good luck to you in getting them back

I went to a going away party for co-workers, then I was supposed to go to 2 USN forum BBQ's after where we show off our goods and pass them around.

It's more likely someone peeked in the window, saw the bags, and grabbed them.
Nothing about the story would cause me to suspect an "inside job."

It sucks regardless, and I hope your belongings are returned soon.

1st thought: As others have said, it doesn't sound like a coincidence. Probably someone you know.

2nd thought: scrolled down and saw the pic of the jeep. That is a pretty big parking lot, and your jeep was kind of in the middle of everything and probably not the nicest car there. Why was your jeep hit? Doesn't sound like a coincidence. Maybe the above poster is right, and it was the bags.

good luck with this. i'd love to hear an update. like other users have mentioned, it is always a bad idea to have stickers of knives, tools, guns, electronics or anything of value you could potentially store in your vehicle. even if you never do, it can make it a target for thieves in the know.

This really sucks. Regardless of the circumstances what happened to you is a tragedy. I hope who(m) ever stole your knives reaps the karma they deserve. I am of no help in looking for those knives around the bay area but that doesn't mean I won't keep my eyes open. I hope you get your knives back.

I know this is old but ill share a story...

A guy I use to work with was a huge knife collector and when he had several very LE pieces stolen he did everything that's been suggested here- passing out photos / descriptions to local cops and also all the pawn shops but the other thing he did, the thing that actually lead to a few items being recovered was to hit all the local gun shows (there's several monthly shows around here) and pass out the same pics/descriptions to the knife dealers there. IIRC 2 or 3 of his high-dollar pieces were recovered when they were offered as trade and the good guys at the table called the special-duty sheriff deputies over right then to "check out the cool blades" and the guy ended up walked out in hand cuffs. Of course it was months before he got them back but I'd rather my stuff sit in police evidence storage than get used by some undeserving bastard, in the end those few pieces were the only ever recovered.

Good luck man, I'm truely sorry, especially for you and your wife's wedding blades.

I know exactly how this feels. I've been stolen from in the past. Horrible thing to have all of those stolen. I would be furious!!!

Considering that the OP's last post on the forum was his last post in this thread almost exactly a year ago, update is unlikely.

It's more likely someone peeked in the window, saw the bags, and grabbed them.
Nothing about the story would cause me to suspect an "inside job."

It sucks regardless, and I hope your belongings are returned soon.

That is what I was thinking as well. If the OP's jeep was the only one broken into it could mean an inside job but more likely it was the only or maybe first vehicle the thief saw something worth taking, ie, the bags. Hope you get everything back in good order.

Your TAD emblem on your window gave you away. Just saying.

Hope some good news will come out of this.
Horrible, simply horrible. The decal comment has some merit, though. Just because someone is a thief and a crook doesn't mean
he doesn't know something about knives and places like TAD. I have no decals on my vehicles that identify any of my special interests.

I live in your area and frequent pawn shops and antique stores looking for cool stuff. Thanks for the pictures; I will definitely be looking
for your treasures.

Geeze, amazing knives to have completely disappeared from the face of the earth. If being carried by gang members one would have shown up by now. Maybe a Pawn shop owner with no morals knew what he was buying, knew they were stolen and knew to move them to Asia where Emerson knives are mega-collectible.

But who knows without an update...................................

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back