1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Makers: Post pics of your knives.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Cutlery & Tools' started by jdm61, Jan 25, 2016.

1. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    Test post due to the whole photobucket fiasco...[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. samuraistuart

samuraistuart KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 21, 2006
    Test post due to the whole photobucket fiasco...[​IMG]

3. samuraistuart

Dec 21, 2006
    [​IMG] Finally figured out the right link to post here. Sorry for the earlier test posts, fellas. Would delete them if I could or knew how. Anyway, lets see if I can get the other pics posted. 52100 chef knife, part of a set.

[​IMG]Santoku in AEB-L

[​IMG] Boning Knife in 8670

[​IMG] Parer in O1. Thanks for looking, and my apologies again for the messed up posts earlier. Was trying to figure out which link to copy/past into BF from imgur. Got it sorted, I think.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2017
  4. Willie71

Willie71 Hobbyist Knifemaker Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Feb 23, 2013

Great set, gorgeous Walnut, and consistent finish.

5. samuraistuart

Dec 21, 2006
    Thanks Warren!

6. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    Very nice, but just a tad indecisive re steel selection, are we? :D

Willie71 likes this.
  7. FOG2

FOG2 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2007
    Samuri. Those are awesome!!

8. WC53

WC53

Dec 15, 2016
    Wow, if I win the lottery, I'm calling you! Gorgeous blade and wood work. Love the walnut

9. samuraistuart

Dec 21, 2006
    Ha! If you win the lottery, I'm calling YOU!

Thanks FOG2!

Joe, I mentioned this in the custom forum, but the reason for the different carbon steels is that is what I had in the proper thicknesses for each knife. And the AEB-L, customer wanted a Santoku with the set, I had just finished that Santoku and asked them if they would like me to use that as part of the set, as it was a copy of my wife's favorite knife (customer was one of my wife's SLP instructors). Hence AEB-L in a carbon line-up.

I'm starting to lean towards one steel thickness for most all the knives I make. In the ~0.080" range. Hunters, EDC, Chef's, etc. Paring knives in the ~0.063" range.

10. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    Next little knife almost done. Shaped the handle, just need to clean it up a bit and put an edge it. 270mm AEB-L, blackwood with .060 blue G-10 liner.
    IMG_0675.jpg IMG_0676.jpg

milkbaby and Brock Cutlery like this.
  11. Natlek

Natlek

Jun 9, 2015
    What do you guys think of this knifes I finished ? Steel is 1.5mm 1.2519 from tobacco industry .Not HT by me ,they a already too hard . Only tempered 2X1 hour on 180 C . Something is not right in shape in this to call them santoku .... but I can t see what ?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    milkbaby likes this.
  12. Jetzler1

Jetzler1 KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jan 12, 2010
    This is a recent parring knife I made. It has a 4.125 inch flat ground blade, Belt finish with 3/4 forced patina, M-4 blade rockwell 63
    8.750 overall length .085 thick and 1" tall at the heal. 3.4 ounces.
    Koa scales with black liners with stainless pins.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. samuraistuart

Dec 21, 2006
    I like that design, Joe. Sure to be a good cutter.
    Natlek, keep up the good work!
    John, that M4 paring knife is spectacular, the forced patina makes it really stand out.