1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Marbles #MR276 Equal End Jack "Cattle Knife"

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by black mamba, Jun 18, 2012.

1. black mamba

black mamba Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    My wife and I traveled through Sevierville, TN a few months back and I had a chance to stop and circulate under the "big blue roof" for a couple of hours. Smoky Mountain now owns the rights to the Marbles brand name, so I suspect the same plant in China that makes the Rough Riders is doing the Marbles branded knives. The quality is very good for the little $$.

A few details about the knife. Nicely jigged stag bone handles and 440A steel at 4-1/8" closed length. Both blades have cut swedges and match striker pulls, fitted low in the frame. Reverse frost etch on the clip main, very well done. Even grinds on the edge bevels and shaving sharp out of the box. A little light can be seen through the liners, but no real gaps. Enjoy the photos!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Railsplitter

Railsplitter Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 31, 2010
    That's a pretty sweet knife there, Jeff! I like it!

3. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks, Rick, the stag bone just feels terrific in the hand.

4. Knife Crazied

Knife Crazied

Apr 17, 2009
    Not to shabby looking. :thumbup:

Sent from Ash forum mobile

5. Campbellclanman

Campbellclanman Platinum Member Platinum Member

Mar 10, 2007
    I did enjoy the photo's, Jeff I find that some of the Rough Riders I have are very well made!, hair poppin' sharp out of the box that I am sometime thinking that the bang for buck is unequalled, and it looks as though you certainly have a very good example of just that, I could only imagine being a young fella, and having that given to me...that would be a day you would never forget!
    Thanks for showing us!

6. Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Aug 18, 2008
    Looks nice especially for the $!

7. black mamba

Oct 21, 2009
    Thanks guys (and Ash)-- they're making some nice knives, for sure.

At the same time I picked up a medium stockman, same bone, but the pile side was a little darker.

[​IMG]