Change Username Mark Read resets sort

Cru5ader

Platinum Member
Before the transition to the new forum software, I often used the feature to mark unread threads in a section as read, as a way to manage what I've seen since my last visit. With the new one, though, I find it conflicts with the sorting I set in a section. I like to sort by Last Message instead of Start Date - feels more natural to view threads arranged by most recent activity. The forum now defaults to Start Date sorting, so I switch it to Last Message sorting, but when I mark all the threads in a section as read then it resets the sorting to Start Date. Is there a fix for this?

I take it that this is in The Exchange? If you've marked it read, can you reset it to display by last message after it reloads?

Yes sir, in The Exchange. When I mark threads read and it switches to Start Date sorting, I can switch it back by clicking on the Last Message column. But is there a way to make the Last Message sorting default?

No, this is intentional to prevent people abusing "BTTT" and "bumping" threads. You can change the default order yourself, but the default is the started date

I'm going to try to find how to change my default to latest posts.

How can we mark forums as read? I read the "New Software and FAQ" thread, but I don't have the option mentioned in that thread. In fact, many "features" that are explained there and other threads are not available to me.

Back