1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Matt Lamey Knives Pix

Discussion in 'Custom & Handmade Knives' started by saint o'killers, Jun 4, 2007.

1. saint o'killers

saint o'killers

Jul 20, 2001
    i'm a big fan of Matt's work...simple, affordable, no non-sense, hard working knives. to some they may be too simple, but i think they are just the type of knives that are not afraid to face any task.

if you have any pics of Matts work, old and new please post them. i haven't seen any thread specifically depicting Matt Lamey's work.

c'mon Santi...i know you got plenty...here are some of mine.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bladeandbarrel

Bladeandbarrel

Oct 5, 1998
    OH yeah..awesome
    Matt is great guy and knifemaker
    He is a rising star for sure

3. Joss

Joss Platinum Member Platinum Member

Nov 20, 2001
    Matt has a great design eye. In the last few years he's done really good work, esp. with regards to his use of hamons.

4. Keith Montgomery

Keith Montgomery

May 9, 2000
    Some very fine looking knives are presented here.

5. Santi

Santi

Sep 12, 2000
  6. Santi

Santi

Sep 12, 2000
    And this piece the lasest, received only coupla weeks ago . . .

Rough Country Tanto - Amazing Hamon! ;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A group shot is yet to be organized . . . :D :D :D

7. on_the_edge

on_the_edge Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 31, 2006
    I just acquired the one here:

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=463205

Please forgive the link, but I am not able to take pics of it right now. Still, even the pics that Matt took don't do this knife justice. It did not come with a sheath, so I get to have someone make one for it. Can't wait. I hope the sheath will be as awesome as the knife is.

8. Kohai999

Kohai999 Second Degree Cutter Platinum Member

Jul 15, 2003
    I have worked with 3 top sheath makers over the years, since 1994; Bob Schrap in Wauwatosa, WI, Chris Kravitt of Treestump Leather in New England, and Kenny Rowe in AR.

I really recommend Rowe's Leather...they are about the finest that I have seen. Tell Kenny you want the thin welt like Steven Garsson gets.

Best Regards,

STeven Garsson

9. Devilki

Devilki

Apr 10, 2005
    Ha Ha Ha :D Look like a Pirate's Meeting :D

10. jdm61

jdm61 itinerant metal pounder Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Aug 12, 2005
    Good call, Steven. I have bought a number of the Treestump "ready made" pouch sheaths recently along with a couple of Sullivans and have been very pleased with both. But you are correct...a bad boy "hard user" like that needs a Kenny Rowe pinlock 4 position sheath:thumbup: :D

11. saint o'killers

saint o'killers

Jul 20, 2001
    Santi, i love that combat bowie...and that parang is definitely user friendly. thanks for the pics. :)

12. ryan9977

ryan9977

Feb 16, 2006
    you guys are making it hard for me not to get one of matt's knives......i've been on the fence for a while.....ryan

13. JParanee

JParanee Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 23, 2006
    I really like Mr. Lamey's work and hope to get one of his pieces soon.

jp

14. AR_Freak

AR_Freak

Nov 13, 2005
    I'm very impressesd with Mr. Lamey's word as well. Gotta get one soon,,,Maybe at BLADE :thumbup:

15. Santi

Santi

Sep 12, 2000
    I think I like the textured tanto the best.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:D :thumbup: :D

16. RogerP

RogerP Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2002
    Mucho eye candy here. Matt does great work. I have at least one (I really need to write this stuff down) on order.

Roger

17. canineforge

canineforge Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 21, 2005
    Matt is doing some great work. I picked up this early one on the exchange recently. 9 1/4-inch 1095 camp knife. Hope to pick up one hot off the forge soon!

[​IMG]

- Joe

18. saint o'killers

saint o'killers

Jul 20, 2001
    YEAH...i wanted to pick that one up...tanto is something i don't have from Matt, yet. hopefully that will change soon. :thumbup:

19. Broos

Broos

Jan 10, 2005
    I'm jealous - I only got one. Sorry for the crappy pic.

[​IMG]

20. saint o'killers

saint o'killers

Jul 20, 2001
    DANG Broos...that's a nice one, too...lemme know if you wanna let go of that one. :)

what's the blade length?