Maxamet PM2, Let's get this done!!!

I would certainly be enthused about this also. I would hope it to be regular production. However, if I was Spyderco I would have my ears to the rail to see how things go with the production blades on the current lightweight Manix. And there is no telling what internal production issues there are working with Maxamet that would influence whether Spyderco wants to make Maxamet a regular production material.

I wondered a bit why they came out with Maxamet in the lightweight Manix. My guess is to keep cost down while introducing this new steel in a production knife. But I am always trying to read between the lines. The PM2 and Manix are my two favorite Spydercos. Which one is my absolute favorite depends on the day of the week.

I wondered a bit why they came out with Maxamet in the lightweight Manix. My guess is to keep cost down while introducing this new steel in a production knife. But I am always trying to read between the lines. The PM2 and Manix are my two favorite Spydercos. Which one is my absolute favorite depends on the day of the week.

They did the LW manix due to keeping costs very low. or it would have been $200+

which is great for the masses to keep costs down. ill gladly pay more for Carbon fiber and Maxamet tho.

They did the LW manix due to keeping costs very low. or it would have been $200+

which is great for the masses to keep costs down. ill gladly pay more for Carbon fiber and Maxamet tho.

Do you jump in the pool before you dip toe in water?

Test market first

Besides if I remember right they did same thing with S110V

think i heard that it will be released next year. im not an expert and thats not official information, just what i heard from someone.

It's almost here!!! :D :D :D

Just got the newest Spyderco Byte e-mail, with a link to the mid-year product guide HERE. Page 8 lists the Maxamet PM2!!! :cool::cool::cool:

AWESOME NEWS!!!

happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif
happydancer.gif

BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif
BananaJumpdance.gif

;) Yeah, I'm excited about this one!!! :p

Reactions: Mo2
And here's a quick screenshot of the catalog, because I don't see it on the website yet (if someone else does, PLEASE feel free to post a link).

Really digging the dark gray scales too!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reactions: Mo2
Hopefully it will be cheaper than the current market for M4.

Curious if the scales will be the same dark gray as the Cruwear PM2 sprint.

Hopefully it will be cheaper than the current market for M4.

I assume it will be more expensive than the manix2 LW maxamet which is around 160$. the m4 CarbonFiber pm2 was around $220 and a standard pm2 is approx $125.

I assume it will be more expensive than the manix2 LW maxamet which is around 160$. the m4 CarbonFiber pm2 was around $220 and a standard pm2 is approx $125.
I hope this doesn't cost much more than $200. It appears to be a standard production model rather than a sprint run :thumbsup:.

Several dealers are pre-listing the knife now with a listed price of $179.97, you can't preorder yet and I probably can't say who other than this shop has a lot of blue scales.....

C81GPDGY2 Spyderco Plain Edge MAXAMET Dark Gray G-10 Paramilitary 2 (Scheduled for 2017)
SALE*
$299.95
$179.97

I'm in for one. Have the Manix in Maxamet and love it!

Love that they doing gray scales......can't wait!!

Several dealers are pre-listing the knife now with a listed price of $179.97, you can't preorder yet and I probably can't say who other than this shop has a lot of blue scales.....
C81GPDGY2 Spyderco Plain Edge MAXAMET Dark Gray G-10 Paramilitary 2 (Scheduled for 2017)
SALE*
$299.95
$179.97

Not bad

Sold my PM2 with a DLC coated blade with the idea that I'd get another one down the road (I love the knife but was desperate to scrape up funds for a grail I was chasing). I just read the long term maxamet testing thread and I'm convinced the PM2 in maxamet is the next knife I need!

Last edited:
Back