How do I? Message sellers?

I can't figure out how to send emails to people selling knives here.

How do I contact sellers without having to post my email in the sale thread?

The new format does not provide an email option. Doesn't matter if you're a paying member or not. The only way to contact anyone privately is either by PM (Conversation) or by sending them a message on their profile page. (the old Visitor Message) Profile messages can be seen by anyone who clicks on that member's profile page just like the old Visitor Messages.

I'm not sure but I don't think so. Click on my avatar then Profile Page and see if you see the option to message me.

Do you still have to be a paying member to message others?

^ I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain, that you do.

I can tell you: I'm not able to send you, a "Conversation" (PM message).

Last edited:
My advice is to post your interest in the thread if you are willing to buy the item. If you are solely interested in trying to haggle the price down, best to do it via email since 95% of sellers post an email contact in their thread. The second option is to drop the $10 for a basic membership (comes to about 83 cents per month).

^ I could be wrong, but I'm pretty certain, that you do.

I can tell you: I'm not able to send you, a "Conversation" (PM message).

Not totally wrong, but profile posts (the visitor messages of olde) are able to be used at any membership level, if the recipient has them allowed in their settings.

If you want private conversations you do need to pay for it, a fair compromise IMO.

Back