Mnandi: My latest Obsession

Just like you, I love complexity in both Mammoth or Wood.

P1160831.jpg

Dinokay, thanks for the compliment - admire away! What material is that on your mnandi with the zebra damascus? The one that is mostly black with red at the end.

Today I checked on the Box Elder Burl Mnandi I ordered last week, because of all the great pictures posted on this thread.

I was informed that the Mnandi is still being made with the S30V blade steel, a fine steel in its own right, and there is currently no time line for the Mnandi blades to be made in the S35VN steel.

When I checked on the Mnandi under the CRK Price List information, for special inlays and Damascus, the Mnandi is shown as having S35VN blade steel.
The information page on the Mnandi under the CRK Folding Knives listing shows the Mnandi as having the S30V blade steel, which I learned is in fact correct.

Last edited:
Thanks to the other thread, I am looking for one with the new clip style...

Last edited:
With all the beautiful Mnandi's displayed in these pages this thread should be a good candidate for a Sticky.
Great for a reference!

Thanks guys for so many beautiful examples of this knife.

The more of these I look at, the more I love them. It has such a graceful line on the spine to handle that is very pleasing to the eye.

The box elder and Damascus combo is phenomenal.

I am going to start saving. I can't wait to call them personally and make something special based on Damascus they have in house.

I kicked myself so much for selling the Manandi I had that I recently picked up another. Should arrive here soon and we will see if it starts some sort of obsession. I already have 4 Sebenzas.

Good luck with that, I know I'm a lost cause. I just love everything about the mnandi and the fact that everybody thinks it's cute instead of "What's That" (when they see a bigger blade) means you can take it anywhere, priceless.

Last edited:
Darn it anyway dinokay, I went and bought another one!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mnandi mammoth.jpg
    mnandi mammoth.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,122
  • mnandi mammoth.jpg
    mnandi mammoth.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,121
  • mammoth 2.jpg
    mammoth 2.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 1,120
Last edited:
I just bought one too!!
Couldn't wait for the one I have on order at CRK. Found a Box Elder Mnandi while surfing the dealers and just completed the order. Will post pics when the big brown truck delivers it.

Lisantica, that is one Beautiful Mnandi!!! Congratulations. You did good!! :thumbup:

I just bought one too!!
Couldn't wait for the one I have on order at CRK. Found a Box Elder Mnandi while surfing the dealers and just completed the order. Will post pics when the big brown truck delivers it.
Lisantica, that is one Beautiful Mnandi!!! Congratulations. You did good!! :thumbup:

Thanks and SO COOL that you found one in stock!

Must be a virus which is highly contagious. This one came in today
KGrHqNHJCUE9M2DEVNBPUV9pqLQ60_57.jpg

Hoodeps mammoth mnandi pictured above has some of the best bark that I have seen. So much green/blue color. Outstanding

Those cream mammoth inlays are the absolute bees knees....if they ever need a new home you talk to me first, right ! ;):thumbup:

Giraffebone on top, but was looking to get the Mammoth Ivory and Ebony combo which I finally did yesterday:

attachment.php

Attachments

• Trifecta.jpg
    Trifecta.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 1,094
I like this thread, but makes me want to keep the Mnandi I have and buy more...{more than I need...} I'll try to get some group shots up sometime soon.

Last edited:
Back