1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Mora and other great blades under 30 Dollars

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by TennesseeVol18, Sep 16, 2012.

1. TennesseeVol18

TennesseeVol18

Sep 15, 2012
    Well it looks like my budget of 50 Dollars just got slashed to thirty *sigh* I've taken interest in Mora because of everyone seems to be praising it but my only concern is the blade thickness, that thing looks thin. But I guess I need another recommendation for the outdoors with maybe some self defense mixed in for a value of under 3O$ and 4 inch blade.

2. Jack Black

Jack Black Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 2, 2005
    Cold Steel Roach Belly

[​IMG]

3. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    If you want a thicker Mora, try the Robust.

4. sharpend60

sharpend60

Jun 5, 2009
    There is nothing wrong with the thickness of a Mora.
    Treat a knife as you should and you will have no problems.
    All this talk about 'hard use' is ridiculous....
    They are impressive knives at any price.

Except for the sheath, it works but perhaps you'll want to make (or buy) something else.

5. Jack Black

Dec 2, 2005
    It's worth noting that during basic training Swedish troops use their Frosts Mora knives to cut down a tree by pounding it into the trunk!

6. standardtoaster

standardtoaster

Jul 13, 2012
    Take a look at a condor bushlore or maybe a Becker bk14. The $30 knife budget it's my specialty.

7. Javelin

Javelin

Dec 19, 2008
    Thin? In my opinion the Mora's blade thickness is perfect. Unless your aim is to pry apart car doors it's very sturdy.

Anyways, a good option for you is a knife from Condor. They make plenty of knives at around 30$ that are great.

8. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    LOL me too! :D

9. HotSteel

HotSteel

May 28, 2010
    If you're interested in folders, consider the Kabar Dozier Folding Hunter and the Kershaw Chill. Also, I think you can get a Buck Vantage Select for less than $30.

I got my Kershaw Cryo for $32.

10. RWT

RWT

Mar 15, 2011
    CRK Drifter for a folder
    Rat 1 is awesome
    Condor bushlore is a great knife and 42Blades is a good dude. Great to work with and will make you a deal on a second if you are going to make it a beater. Either way you can't lose.

11. wdyasq

wdyasq

Sep 15, 2012