more knives from Nicaragua

Here are some knives the boys and I have been working on here in Nicaragua. You may or may not know that I run a vocational school Managua, Nicaragua. We concentrate on teaching blacksmithing to young me in the rural communities. After a visit from Jason Knight a couple years ago the boys became very interested in bladesmithing. There are many folks who support our school in various ways and one of them is the Christian Motorcyclists Association. Recently the CMA ordered 10 knives from us. They will be for sale via the CMA. The knives are forged and finished by my students and myself. They are forged from 5160 coil spring steel. Five of the handles are made from Brazilian Cherry and the other five handles are made from Cortez wood. The knives are numbered and marked with the CMA logo as are the sheaths. This is the first of such orders and we are hoping that if we've done a great job that this will be an ongoing relationship. You can see pictures of the knives here. For those interested in seeing more of our shop we have a 10 minute documentary on youtube. Click here to watch it.

Attachments

• IMG_2528.jpg
    IMG_2528.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_2533.jpg
    IMG_2533.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3099.jpg
    IMG_3099.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_3100.jpg
    IMG_3100.jpg