Question My account shows that I am a gold member but only allows 50 pms

Also when I go to upgrade my account, it only offers me the gold member options. I am thinking the system thinks I am still just a standard user? I would really like to upgrade my account to Platinum if the system can pro-rate the membership (I recently purchased the gold membership).

Thanks for your help!

Not quite - you can have 50 conversations total, but a total of 250 messages
I would really like to upgrade my account to Platinum if the system can pro-rate the membership (I recently purchased the gold membership).
Working on doing exactly that

Not quite - you can have 50 conversations total, but a total of 250 messages
Working on doing exactly that

Thanks for the quick reply, so the system works differently then? Previously with Gold you could have 100 private messages, now you can only have 50?

With the prior setup, I had 91 PMs out of 100 available with my gold account. Not it says I have 91 out of 50 available. Seems like it was cut in half?

I see it now, gold memberships are now allowed 50 conversations, a conversation should be treated the same as a PM in the prior system. Essentially it was cut in half, I was under the limit previously (91 out of 100), now I am way over (91 out of 50). Please reconsider this set up, doesnt seem right.

It wasn't cut in half. Prior to the switch, it counted individual messages only. Now it counts conversations & messages. So you can have any combination of conversations & messages as long as you don't exceed 50 conversations made up of 250 messages total (a 150% increase in total messages)

Conceivably you could have 1 conversation with 201 messages, and 49 sep ones with 1 message each.

Delete (select "Leave conversation") the ones you don't need any longer to free up space and pretty soon you won't have an issue

I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree here Spark, in my opinion it was cut in half. If I received a single message in the prior system (a PM), I was allowed 100 of these (there were essentially conversations, I would delete out prior messages and just retain the most recent message). Now I am only allowed 50 of these. Having to go through and now delete all of these to get under 50 is less than ideal, I was saving these messages for a reason and should be allowed to continue to retain 100 of them as I did on the old system. Going from 100 down to 50, essentially cutting my allowed amount by half seems like a big downgrade. Disappointed that as a gold member we are losing purchased privileges allowed with the prior system. Thank you for your time and consideration.

It's only because you're thinking of the old imported PMs that became one conversation each.

If you were conversing about a knife in the exchange.

You ask a question
They respond
You ask followup question
They respond again
You say I'll take it
They send you PayPal info
You say you paid
They say thanks.

Old software that's 8 PMs. New software that's 1 conversation. 50 of those which will probably be a lot more than the old 100 individual PMs.

The issue I had was that the import of all the old PMs pushed me over the limit since each one counted as a single conversation.

Selecting old ones and doing "Leave Conversation" will delete them.

Conversations were not 8 private messages for me though, I would only keep the latest message. That would allow me to have essentially 100 conversations. Now 50, you can see how that would be a big downgrade and a bit disappointing to see. I buy/sell, trade often so having those messages, questions, feedback, etc was good. Essentially each private message was a "conversation". And the only reason I noticed the downgrade was that I tried to message someone and the system wouldnt let me. As a paying member, feel a little bit like I had the rug pulled out from under me. I had also previously sent a question to all mods in the last format (regarding memberships) and never heard back. I reached out more than twice too. Disappointing.

Yeah, but with this you don't have to only keep the last message. You can keep 250 of them and as long as they don't total up to 50 separate conversations, you are good.

Also the new software fixed the lack of emails & such going through. I'm getting emails instantly now instead of not getting notifications on threads, posts, conversations, or email messages from the contact us form

Yeah, but with this you don't have to only keep the last message. You can keep 250 of them and as long as they don't total up to 50 separate conversations, you are good.

Also the new software fixed the lack of emails & such going through. I'm getting emails instantly now instead of not getting notifications on threads, posts, conversations, or email messages from the contact us form

I guess my feedback is landing on deaf ears. The capped messages are not as important as being able to save the contact I had with the different individuals (as I mentioned multiple times). This is important when doing alot of transactions with various members. Going from 100 down to 50 is a big deal, it's removing something that I feel I paid for when I purchased the gold membership. I immediately went over the cap by almost double when the website was transitioned (and at the moment I can't even upgrade my account to resolve the issue). Carry on, it's clear your decision has been made so I have nothing more to add here. I had hopes that feedback might actually be listened to here, but I should have known better seeing how I never even received a response the last several times I reached out with a simple request (to upgrade my account!)

Dude. Did you constantly prune your sent mail or something, keeping only what was in your inbox? Because the only way I can see this being a problem is if you had some bizarre ratio of incoming / outgoing messages.

Also, I don't know how you reached out before. If it was via email, dozens of people have reported lack of notifications prior to the switch. It wasn't just you not getting responses, check back in this forum for weeks about people not receiving notifications of anything.

I'm still working on the new paid membership software so that it automatically handles pro-rating & upgrading / downgrading between membership levels. Have patience, this is an entirely new software platform and there's tons going on.

I didnt save any sent messages, I only kept the inbox. Inbox messages were specifically saved to remind me to leave feedback for someone, or to reference a message, etc. When you add them up, 100 isnt even alot (hence why I was trying to reach out and upgrade my account). When you are active in trading, buying, and selling those messages get used up quick. So yes, getting it cut in half is an issue. And I'm telling you it is a problem, sorry if you do not understand it (has nothing to do with any bizarre ratio of messages, I just used the PM system. It's a valuable tool).

Regarding reaching out, I dont recall the specific path I took but it was I believe the messaging system that reached out to all the moderators and site operators.

Suck it up or upgrade, the forum's setup doesn't revolve around your ability to save old PMs for personal use, nor should it. This upgrade is beneficial to the masses, your inability to grasp why your complaint is not being taken seriously is worrisome.

You have every right to complain, and Spark has every right to ignore you; he has better and more pressing things to deal with than this nonsense anyway. A problem for you does not equal a problem for everybody, this you can call it a problem all you want but that doesn't suddenly make it one.

Suck it up or upgrade, the forum's setup doesn't revolve around your ability to save old PMs for personal use, nor should it. This upgrade is beneficial to the masses, your inability to grasp why your complaint is not being taken seriously is worrisome.

You have every right to complain, and Spark has every right to ignore you; he has better and more pressing things to deal with than this nonsense anyway. A problem for you does not equal a problem for everybody, this you can call it a problem all you want but that doesn't suddenly make it one.

I would upgrade but I can't, and I tried in the past and never received a response. And you think I'm the only one that has this problem? Yea doubtful. There are probably a ton of people now all of a suddenly having to delete messages otherwise they can't use the messaging system. I am paying member like you and have every right to make my concerns public especially when it revolves around getting something I feel like I paid for removed. And overall I am very happy with the upgrade, did I say otherwise? I appreciate all the work done here, I am in tech I know it is a big deal with a lot put in to it. My issue is just with the reduction in messages I can keep. And what I do with those messages or how I manage it is my business (and the pm system is for our personal use regardless of what you think). Your feedback and input here isnt appreciated or helpful so why don't you stay out of my thread. Your inability to grasp why I am providing this feedback is worrisome.

Don't worry about him, concern yourself with what I'm saying. I have a laundry list of things I'm dealing with from the changeover. It'd help if you also followed your own advice and paid attention to things, like the fact that you aren't the only one who has reported this and that this discussion has been covered before. You, quite frankly, are an edge case where you carefully prune your sent messages, but kept most of your received ones. That's cool, I'm curious though if you've got copies that have been forwarded to your email.

I'm working on the subscriptions issue. Have patience.

I would upgrade but I can't, and I tried in the past and never received a response. And you think I'm the only one that has this problem? Yea doubtful. There are probably a ton of people now all of a suddenly having to delete messages otherwise they can't use the messaging system. I am paying member like you and have every right to make my concerns public especially when it revolves around getting something I feel like I paid for removed. And overall I am very happy with the upgrade, did I say otherwise? I appreciate all the work done here, I am in tech I know it is a big deal with a lot put in to it. My issue is just with the reduction in messages I can keep. And what I do with those messages or how I manage it is my business (and the pm system is for our personal use regardless of what you think). Your feedback and input here isnt appreciated or helpful so why don't you stay out of my thread. Your inability to grasp why I am providing this feedback is worrisome.

This thread is public so anybody can post in it.

I was platinum before the switch, and I ended up with an inbox that was 120% full and had to delete messages to use my messaging system, so this switchover affected me the same as you. I deleted all my messages, it took me 2 minutes, and now I can talk to 200 strangers with up to 500 replies, that's an increase over 300 individual PMs any day.

Spark is already working on the fix so that there are other memberships available to upgrade to, it's a known problem with lots of posting about it in tech support if you care to read about it.

I have to agree with 425KRS. Before the upgrade I was only at about 70% of PM capacity. Now I am at 108%. That is not an improvement in my book. Otherwise thanks for the upgrade.

Spark is already working on the fix so that there are other memberships available to upgrade to, it's a known problem with lots of posting about it in tech support if you care to read about it.

I realize that the ability to upgrade is not currently up and running yet which is understandable due to the switch over. I plan to do so once the option is available. My reply was in response to your comment where you said I should "suck it up or upgrade". Maybe you should read up on it as well so you would realize that I can not at the moment actually upgrade (or dont suggest something that you know is a known problem). Like I said before, you are not helpful here (but I aint mad at ya, I am just dealing with a migraine and am in a very poor mood overall).

Spark, I apologize here for my harsh tone and grumpiness. Not the direction I had hoped or meant for this thread to go. Obviously frustrated and it's a bit misplaced here. I do appreciate all that you and the team here has done (and I do truly like the site alot). I dont expect any quick results (I know I am one person among many here that might be having difficulty due to the change), just wanted to provide some outside feedback about my experience and what I assume is others as well. Regarding your comment on having my message copies forwarded to my email, not sure I understand? I dont have any copies forwarded, I didnt realize that was a feature (and I didnt intentionally do this at any point). The feedback regarding upgrading I provided previously was through the website, not email so I unfortunately dont have any copies. I assumed a private message was sent to the various admins who were on the feedback group for the site. I also didnt save any sent PMs, I believe I had it set to not save those at all (?). Of course because that used up my PM count (which I only wanted to use on my inbox). Thanks for your time and consideration.

Thank you for upping it back to 100, appreciate that (I still plan to upgrade to platinum once the pro-rated option is ready, let me know if you need a guinea pig for that)

Back