1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Question My account shows that I am a gold member but only allows 50 pms

Discussion in 'Tech Support, General Q&A, Site Feedback & More' started by 425KRS, Apr 18, 2017.

1. zzyzzogeton

zzyzzogeton Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 17, 2013
    I've looked, but can't find the option if it exists - under the old software, there was the option of saving old messages as a text file. I would delete junk messages as I went, but messages to be kept would add up, email addresses in them, phone numbers, etc.. I would save all the messages that I wanted to save "for posterity" and delete most of the PMs.

Does the ability to download conversations into a text file exist with the current SW?? If it does, could someone tell me how to do it??

Is there a user's manual that we can access??

Yes, I am one of those nerds who actually reads manuals. :D

2. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    I don't believe that option exists anymore. (someone please correct me if I'm wrong or if this changes)
    At some point soon, I'll have to spend an afternoon doing some copy&paste to a text file the hard way, one message at a time.
    Sigh. It could be worse, at least the messages didn't get lost in the move.

3. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    The way I've always done it was to keep previous replies in the PM, and keep only the latest in the conversation. That way I sometimes had a PM that was several messages long, but still only one PM. This change, counting total messages, is a cutback for me.

425KRS likes this.
  4. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    It's been upped.

Lone_Wolfe and 425KRS like this.
  5. Kiah

Kiah S&S Moderator Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Jul 20, 2006
    One option that might be slightly quicker would be to print them to PDFs. If you use something like Bullzip you can append, so you could print all messages to one file or group messages by conversation or whatever.

6. r8shell

r8shell Platinum Member Platinum Member

Jan 16, 2010
    Hmm... that sounds kind of complicated, but I'm not the most computer savvy person. I'll look in to it, thanks.

I suppose if I read through each message and just save the contact information and important info before deleting, I could organize it in a way that would be easier to find later.

7. Spark

Spark HPIC - Hatas gonna Hate Staff Member Administrator Super Mod Moderator

Oct 2, 1998
    If you regularly communicate with someone on here, add them as a friend or follow them through your user profile.

If you don't and just want to save their info - https://contacts.google.com/ is googles free contacts organizer.