1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

My Birthday Special Offerings

Discussion in 'Himalayan Imports' started by Yangdu, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Yangdu

Yangdu Moderator Moderator

Apr 5, 2005
    Good afternoon to all!
    Today is my birthday and I am offering these fine Knives for your collection at great value!

16.5 inch 28 ounce villager fit and finish WWII by Lachhu. White metal bolster, buttcap and tip. Satisal wood handle. $95. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

14.5 inch 19 ounce Pacthar Khukuri by Lachhu. Dhar wood handle. $100 even. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

11.5 inch 12 ounce my special Katunje Knife by Anil. Horn handle. $75. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

9 1/4 inch 12 ounce Kerambit by Lachhu. Horn handle. $75. *SOLD*

[​IMG]

8 inch 7 ounce Microw Mini Bowie by Ram Kumar. Horn handle. $75.

[​IMG]

Email to [email protected] to get any or all

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  2. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Happy Birthday [emoji512]
    Very nice offerings.

Sent via telegraph by the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

3. Bawanna

Bawanna Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Dec 19, 2012
    Happy Birthday Yangdu. I need to write this day down along with my wife's birthday so I can remember. Then write myself a note to remember to read my notes so I don't forget.
    Wish I was there to watch you blow out all 26 candles.

I'm going to leave that micro bowie for the next hour and then I'm gonna EMS for it. I know a few are wanting one and I got one so I can't be a glutton, but I will be in one hour. I want to leave one untouched and of course put stag on a second one.
    In fact I'm going to see if there's another around so I can leave this for yall.

These are all special. The Katunje is a great little knife, and that WWII sings.

4. DaFatKid

DaFatKid

Aug 6, 2016
    EMS sent on 9 1/4 inch 12 ounce Kerambit by Lachhu. Horn handle. $75. 🤞

5. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    Geez - everytime I open a new page of special offerings there is another one to tempt me :eek:.

One new blade per month - that's my limit - or so I try to make it so :D. Really liking that 11.5" 12 oz my special Katunje Knife by Anil. Horn handle. $75. :thumbup:

Still - I stop in today to wish Yangdu a happy birthday. Nice of you to share the celebration with us :)

Ray

6. RockFarm

RockFarm

Mar 27, 2008
    Happy birthday Yangdu!!!

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY 2 using Tapatalk

7. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    The Katunje is especially appropriate for today since it is Yangdu's Special Knife.

It's a dandy. I was blessed to get one with her name inscribed on the back of the blade. Bookies idea, he's wicked smart. It's also a Nepal Earthquake survivor. thought lost in the rubble but found and finished long afterwards.

Bookie has the twin sister and I think it's his favorite knife right above his 2nd best Curved Spine.

8. RayseM

RayseM Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2010
    OK OK - I'll bite. EMS for "11.5 inch 12 ounce my special Katunje Knife by Anil. Horn handle. $75."

Thank you Bawana :rolleyes:

:D Ray

See how easy that was? I appreciate that it has a story and so not just another blade - not that I listen to anything Bawana tells me :D
    I'm sure it will be a great keeper.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  9. 3fifty7

3fifty7 Basic Member Basic Member

Dec 24, 2016
    Is there a proper term for leaving the forge finish on the majority of the blade and only polishing the edge ? Something about that look screams workhorse to me.
    As much as this WWII is calling to me, I can only imagine it with the forge finish.

Sent via telegraph by the same fingers I use to sip whiskey

10. SingleGrind

SingleGrind

Jun 15, 2015
    Happy Birthday Yangdu!! Thanks for everything you do for HI and all of us :)

11. pugs75

pugs75 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Great offerings today, that WWII really sings, best today IMHO. That little Bowie is nice as well. Go for it Bawanna

And Happy Birthday Auntie!!!!!

12. Bawanna

Dec 19, 2012
    I decided to leave it. I put in a request for the next one she comes across.

I sure love the one I got. I didn't think anything would ever replace the original IBBB I got, but this one did. I feel badly leaving the original at home. Might find a place to hang it on the chair or something, nothing wrong with two.

Granddaughter has become quite curious of late though and searches the chair, comes up with flashlights, leatherman tool, keys, lens pen, all sorts of stuff, have to watch her close. She finds a bowie and it could be trouble.

13. DaFatKid

DaFatKid

Aug 6, 2016
    DD on the 9 1/4 inch 12 ounce Kerambit by Lachhu. Horn handle. $75. 😊

14. maniAK-47

maniAK-47

Jan 10, 2015
    Happy Birthday Yangdu! Your blades speak to me as always!

15. Steely_Gunz

Steely_Gunz Got the Khukuri fevah Moderator

May 9, 2002
    Have the happiest of birthdays:) Yours is one day after my mom's.

16. Tommyd345

Tommyd345

Nov 12, 2015
    Happy birthday!

17. Red Eagle Trapping

Red Eagle Trapping

Dec 3, 2016
    Happy Birthday Yangdu. Someone needs that katunje they really are awesome

18. leebrewer

leebrewer Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 21, 2008
    Happy Birthday!

19. davidf99

davidf99 Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 27, 2011
    I don't know of any single word for the forge finish, but a couple of HI models usually come that way: the Tamang Knife and the KLVUK (or just VUK, which stands for Villager Utility Knife). If you want a WWII model with forging scales left on you could email Yangdu and special order it. Might have a long wait.

Here's a good example of a Tamang Knife with forging scales left on:

TamangKnife16in-Kumar20oz-walnut-01.jpg

20. cul4u01

cul4u01 Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 5, 2012
    Happy Birthday Auntie! Very special offerings today!