1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

my first custom slip joint from across the pond... Menefee Shadow Trapper

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by leerehaende, Sep 9, 2012.

1. leerehaende

leerehaende

Aug 8, 2009
    Thanks to a friend, I have a shadow trapper now. I had that knife with me once already, couldn't really afford it. Now it's mine.

I don't regret the fact, that I need to sell of some other knives but it's worth it.

All I need to do now, is wait and craft a sheath for it.

[​IMG]

2. C Ben Susrool

C Ben Susrool Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2000
    Congratulations.

Hard to beat a Menefee. :thumbup:

3. bakerg2g

bakerg2g

Apr 22, 2010
    No sheath for it! Throw it in your pocket. It's a shadow
    pattern you'll never hurt that micarta. Trust me..

Jason

4. Thalestin

Thalestin

Jul 20, 2006
    Sheaths are great for preventing loss. I use them for this reason and know many others do as well :). Protection from damage is minimal unless you put a lot of stuff in your pockets. Most dave usually happens during use (dropping on cement being a bad one :))

5. argel55

argel55

Oct 30, 2005
    All I can say is you made anexcellent choice for a first one. Rick makes outstanding knives.

6. johnny twoshoes

johnny twoshoes

Feb 3, 2011
    Mr. Menefee knows how to make a knife and thats is just another prime example to that fact.
    Great knife, that pattern is just too useful.

I have one of his knives and I just can't believe how good the blade is, very scary.
    Cut myself with it the other day.

7. uchinanchukg

uchinanchukg

Mar 30, 2009
    Wow! that's a beautiful knife!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics.

KG

8. sturzi

sturzi Platinum Member Platinum Member

Dec 12, 2007
    Congratulations, that sure is a sweet looking thing. I'd say your "Hände" aren't so "leer" anymore :D enjoy it.

I don't particularly like sheaths for slip joints, but I have made a leather sheath-like-thingy with five vertical slots (about 5cm hight) to hold my pocket content (knife, ball point pen, small torch etc). If you always carry the same things in your pocket as well, then I can only recommend it. Mine aren't so cluttered anymore, the things are a bit protected and it's harder to lose things.

9. Lycosa

Lycosa

Aug 24, 2007
    Gorgeous! Nice, nice grab!
    Rolf

10. glocktenman

glocktenman Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 20, 2008
    That looks like a serious slicer!

11. leerehaende

leerehaende

Aug 8, 2009
    it is an excellent slicer indeed...

built a little slip sheath for it and now it rides in my pocket

[video=youtube;YoKZfpYZotQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoKZfpYZotQ[/video]