1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

My first

Discussion in 'The Gallery' started by oic0, Jul 3, 2012.

1. oic0

oic0

Jun 16, 2012
    Well, I did try to make one other but it was a rudimentary thing from a saw blade that bent when I tried to heat treat it on a fish cooker :D .
    Anyhow, its 1084fg, brass bolster, cocobolo resin wood handle. Made it with stock removal on a craftsman 2x42. Dan graves heat treated it for me and gave me a lot of advice. I look forward to more chances to pick his brain.
    I still need to take a round file to the bolster, smooth the handle, buff it some more, and shine up the wood... but I'm ready to start a new one lol. So many things I think I can do better next go around.

[​IMG]

2. BonhamBlades

BonhamBlades KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Nov 13, 2010
    nice job! your a natural!

3. Spinerazor

Spinerazor

Mar 30, 2012
    i think that looks great for your first!, i'm starting to make knives myself, i don't think mine turned out as well as this did! good job!

4. fugazy

fugazy

Jun 25, 2010
    Very nice

5. wdtorque

wdtorque

May 29, 2010
    Great start. Dan knows knives!
    Listen and learn.

6. PEDRETTI

PEDRETTI

Sep 7, 2011
    i like it...way better than my first

7. emeraldstone4891

emeraldstone4891

Jul 30, 2012
    Yeah i think it looks great too. it sounds like you learn a lot from the first. keep it up