1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

My latest two sheaths.

Discussion in 'Sheaths & Such' started by Diomedes Industries, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    These are both personal sheaths. It appears I had a few knives floating about to make sheaths for. You know what they say about the barber's kids...

This is an Adventure Sworn Bushcraft:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a ML Customized Bird and Trout:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am always a bit self conscious posting here - but I like to get feedback - so I post them up. Any comments or criticisms welcome.

TF

2. reiko1078

reiko1078

Sep 1, 2011
    I have yet to do any leather work but your stitches are even and straight and your edges are very nicely burnished. Clean and simple looks great!

3. popedandy

popedandy Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2006
    I really like both of them. They remind me of something a friend once said when I asked him why he preferred building Shaker furniture over other styles. He said that the simplicity of the designs challenged him to do his absolute best work because any mistakes would be very obvious. The superb workmanship really shows up in these pieces.

4. rayban

rayban

Apr 14, 2007
    Outstanding, per usual, Tal.

5. Skystorm

Skystorm A Cow Flayin' Sheath Making Angry Gnome Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Oct 17, 2011
    Really loving the first one, outstanding job

6. Diomedes Industries

Diomedes Industries KnifeMaker / Craftsman / Service Provider Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Mar 19, 2007
    It has always been my dream to have an authentic Ray Mears / Alan Wood Woodlore, with sheath and dangler. But as there is a 10 year waiting list and they are ridiculously priced - that was not going to happen.

Cody at Adventure Sworn made me an awesome knife - and I did the best I could to make the sheath authentic. It was fun - and I am REALLY happy to be able to carry the knife on my hip now.

TF

7. leatherman

leatherman leathermoderator Moderator

Nov 30, 2001
    Outstanding work TF!! As my many mentors have stated over and over again, "Through simplicity, comes complexity" This I have heard over and over again, the simpler a design, the easier it is to see the flaws. You did good my friend. :)

8. Brenton

Brenton

Jul 5, 2010
    Totally agree, well done
    brent

9. Diomedes Industries

Mar 19, 2007
    It is tough man - I have gotten a lot better over the last year or so - but all I see are the flaws. The second sheath has a thumb nail mark in it, for instance, so when I see the pictures - that is all I see.

It isn't a matter of poor self esteem or anything - it is like a artist that is never happy with their work.

TF

10. rayban

rayban

Apr 14, 2007
    I thought you photo shopped all your pix, how'd you miss that??:D

11. Diomedes Industries

Mar 19, 2007
    Shut up Rayban!!!! ;)

TF

12. GRIM 62

GRIM 62

Mar 29, 2009
    Very well executed custom sheathwork,awesome!:thumbup: