1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

My most used SAK tool, what's yours

Discussion in 'SwissBianco' started by wenkrush, Aug 14, 2011.

1. wenkrush

wenkrush

Jul 11, 2011
    A few months back, I was shopping for a SAK. All I knew was that I wanted an alox handle. After hours of comparing, I settled on a Pioneer. I wanted the bottle and can openers and as for the awl, well, that was just an extra piece that I wouldn't use. To my surprise, I have used the awl more than any of the other tool. Even the blade. I find the it is a great multi-tasker. Everything from punching holes, to cutting plastic ties, to cleaning under my nails. The awl is my favorite and most used SAK tool. What about you?

2. WvHiker

WvHiker

Aug 27, 2009
    I like the reamer/awl on my Super Tinker. It's handy for a lot of things. I probably use the scissors more than anything else on it though.

3. ufox9al

ufox9al Slacker at large Moderator

Jun 28, 2007
    On my Wenger SI, the awl definitely gets a lot of use. On my Rambler, I use the blade and scissors about the same number of times.

4. Ryanol

Ryanol

Aug 24, 2011
    Black Alox Pioneer-
    Awl by a longshot.

5. w.t. anderson

w.t. anderson Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 2, 2007
    Scissors on a Huntsman, followed by the large blade and the corkscrew.

6. Panwa

Panwa

Sep 24, 2008
    Scissors on my Explorer Plus

7. LedZep13k7

LedZep13k7

Mar 21, 2011
    bottle opener on my pioneer harvester. i drink landshark :)

8. Noddy

Noddy Basic Member Basic Member

Jul 13, 2006
    Got to have scissors and saw, but the awl I use a lot more than I thought, thinking things over :) Huntsman mainly.

9. [X]Outlaw

[X]Outlaw

Sep 1, 2011
    The knife on my Cadet gets used the most, usually to open packages. But my favorite tool is the scissors and bit driver my my CT41.

10. dogboye

dogboye Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 23, 1999
    Bottle opener. Soldier.

11. Shotgun

Shotgun

Feb 3, 2006
    Awl for sure followed close by the main blade. I use the 50th anniversary soldier model.

12. swissbianco

swissbianco Moderator Moderator

May 28, 2005
    can opener, screw driver and of course the blade. scissors come in handy too many times.

13. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Screw driver and main blade. I do have a waiter that goes with us when we travel so the cork screw sees use.

14. NMpops

NMpops

Aug 9, 2010
    Absolutely the awl on my Pioneer. I've gotten where I carry it more than any other just because of the awl. The awl on standard models just doesn't work as well.

15. pmek5

pmek5 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2007
    On the Alox Minichamp, I really like the the orange peeler / scraper. Don't really use it for peeling oranges, but I do use it for a lot of other misc. things. Of course the scissors are also used alot.

16. salem

salem

Jan 19, 2012
    Most use a small blade on my Climber for electric cables and rubber hoses.

My awl has become loosely from drilling aluminum and hard plastic.:(

Awl on the Soldier (Pioneer) is much stronger!:thumbup:

17. jacktrades_nbk

jacktrades_nbk

Feb 7, 2007
    on my alox soldier, i've used mostly the awl, and the blade, of course.

18. coop1957

coop1957

Oct 22, 2002
    SAK Alox Farmer. EDC for about 7 years. Work in lawn care and use the saw blade alot.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  19. lisantica

lisantica Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 17, 2010
    Main blade, then small screw driver

20. SakSteve

SakSteve

Jan 26, 2012
    My most used tool. That's a tough one. Id say probably the large blade and awl. Even use with both.