1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

My (traditional?) field knives...

Discussion in 'Traditional Folders and Fixed Blades' started by festerfromnzed, May 1, 2012.

1. festerfromnzed

festerfromnzed

Aug 18, 2008
    My new knives (top one just arrived)....large knife is 13 1/2 total length....1095 carbon...natural scales....all opinions welcome.........FES

[​IMG]

2. brets-ftw

brets-ftw

Sep 11, 2010
    amazing stuff, who is the maker and what kind of handle material is that?

3. festerfromnzed

festerfromnzed

Aug 18, 2008
    Bill Akers (backwoods forge)....large knife is stabilised sunflower husks and lower one is snakewood sycamore.......FES

4. Humppa

Humppa Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Really great looking stuff, FES! They seem to really right in the woods and field. I like the top one a bit more, the bladeshape and especially the handle material look great. The mosaic-pin on the botton knife is a real eyecatcher, for sure.

Congratz to that both :)

Kind regards
    Andi

5. meako

meako Gold Member Gold Member

Sep 4, 2006
    both are things of beauty. sunflower husks? thats different.
    ps-i received my copy of wild moose chase from a place in Vic.
    and guess what its signed by the author-bonus!.

6. bacustomknives

bacustomknives FULL THROTTLE / FULLTIME KNIFE MAKER Moderator Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Sep 3, 2008
    You gotcha 2 great knives right there buddy!! thanks for owning them
    Bests Bill

7. festerfromnzed

festerfromnzed

Aug 18, 2008
    Im sure you will enjoy the book MEAKO,.Id be interested in your opinion also?...its opening weekend for duckshooting here on saturday and we usually get a pighunt in as well.hopefully get them both blooded one way or another...Thanks for the positive replies........FES

8. Peter Parker

Peter Parker

Aug 18, 2008
    Nicely ground and most everyone likes 1095; those should get the job done!