My very small rotation

Great knives Rick :thumbup:
I really like that Hen and Rooster, the stag is nice and it's a good size.

Thank you for the replies, everyone! It seems that some of you carry the same knife all the time. Very cool in my opinion.

Andy,
I enjoyed our visit too and I also hope we can get together again sometime and shoot the breeze. Next time I won't have to leave so quickly. Hope you get that Jack knife!:thumbup:

That black medium Jack is the same knife I had in my pocket all day. I find I either have that or a Peanut in my pocket. They accompany whatever Spyderco, Benchmade or such clip knife. I just ordered a yellow Pen knife that looks to have the same handle shape. Curious to see how much thinner it is and if I'll like it as well.

I could write the story of my knife addiction forever....how being a cubscout started it all with an SAK..but I won't bore you. How when I carried a larger SAK and a Kershaw lock back on my belt while in the National Guard. They were givin to me as gifts prior to joining. Most guys carried some sort of Ka-Bar..mostly tanto or tanto suggested. Mainly by the norm and some Rangers. I had a buddy who had this ugly Spyderco, to a novice then I had no idea what a Spyderco was. Thought they were ugly! And the hole...wth is that?? Years later now I own 5 Spyderco's. ha

When I go out of the Guard in 04-05 I wasn't able to go and clean my locker out....and of course whatever blade I had was recycled into a good home. (Hopefully) So, I went without a knife up until this past summer. It all started with a trip to a Scrimshaw shop up in Door County, WI. What amazing traditional folders this guy had. So many bone and other designed handles. Beautiful detail! Just so expensive to purchase. Then some sort of flipper caught my eye. I flipped it open, once I figured it out. Felt like I was handicapped.

I remember the look on my then, 5 year old face, once it flipped open. He had never witnessed a knife doing that in his little life. Me either...;) He said, "Daddy, I neeeed one of thoosssee." Hilarious. Well, that did it. I was hooked! Came home and researced all over. Ordered a Ken Onion Ripple II and a Kershaw Leek....everyone online suggested the Leek. To say now that I still have the Ripple, because of an awesome father and son moment. Will never get rid of it. Just not the ideal EDC, IMO. I gifted the Leek and another Kershaw to his stepdad. Yeah...I share nicely. Child and knives.

Anyways, if you guys are still tracking. I own mainly Spyderco's and Benchmades. I could not resist ordering the new Kershaw 0560. I cannot wait. In the mean time, while I wait for it to arrive, this week or next. I started looking around....I had a fire deep within. I just didn't know for what. Somehow I fell upon a Case Russlock. Not sure why. Or how. And then it happened. I watched doggorunnings reviews on youtube. These beautiful Case Knives, which I have never owned one. (sad, I know) I ordered the Russlock, and became obsessed with researching Case...I love simple traditional things. Thought, well I would love to hand these types of knives down to my boy. Just like father's and grandpa's of the past. I think I belong in that era/time. I am only 33, but an old soul.

While I still wait for my Kershaw and my first Case. I could not stop there! I need help. Just spent a lot obviously. My son even reminded me that after I recently bought my Sage 1 & 2 that I was going to "stop" for a while. Ha....Something drove me towards Case and did not stop. Onto this beautiful brand called GEC? Who are they? Knives seem very nice, but are they really? As I watched more and more, I fell in love. I had to have one! Now which one of the many options will I get? To sum up my boring rambling...I now also wait for a GEC #25 Easy Open Jack with Zebra Wood. It looks perfect, simple and beautiful. Out of everything I have I will probably carry this and the Case the most. Some Sage 2 also.

So now I wait for three knives in the mail. Come on USPS! Don't downsize yet. What do you think will get the most pocket time guys? Yeah, you can say I am addicted. Why did I fall for the traditional knives? Never thought I would. Look at all the tactical knives out there and newer designs. Something gets giddy inside me. This hobby is more than the money that you spend or the constant trying to explain to others why we collect and carry. I was that guy who had never spent more than five minutes on looking for or carrying a knife. Now I spend everyday on here and searching....searching for that one. Will that fire ever stop? I doubt it. In the mean time, my 6 year old will enjoy carrying his Russlock and I my GEC.

This has all filled the void of a single, divorced dad. When I am all alone to my thoughts, wondering how I got here, to this stage in my life. I have a community, friends and people who listen/understand one voice amongst many, with one goal/love in mind. Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Rick, I like that rotation. :thumbup: I've been looking at the H&Rs, with that stag, they have another customer. I think it's a good story on putting to use a knife found here.

that H and R is a wonderful pattern, and I have never seen it before. Man, I may have to start hunting for that. Hopefully my obsessive compulsion fades. LOL. Anyways, right now, my slipjoint selection is the 2011 EO Jack. I have not fixed the bottle opener, but I have the Leatherman for that. I really enjoy the EO, and the project really went well, so I there is a little bit of pride in that. I also carry my Case 6244 small texas jack. It is a little bigger and longer than a peanut, but a wonderful pattern as well.

Thanks for the pics!

Back