1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Myke Hawke Gear

Discussion in 'Outdoor Gear, Survival Equipment & More' started by untamed, Feb 17, 2013.

1. untamed

untamed

Jan 7, 2003
    The gear-a-thon continues!

Ray Mears began it. Bear had his with Gerber. Les has his with Camillus, but I do like the other one with Helle (the Tamegami).

Now Myke Hawke has his own line with SMKW.

[youtube]n69xUzyxAC0[/youtube]

What say you? (Goes to get chips and beer, puts his feet up. . .)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
  2. KuRUpTD

KuRUpTD

Aug 5, 2008
    Everyone loves Myke Hawke.

3. Daft Slice 1986

Daft Slice 1986

Jun 3, 2012
    Oooh no ...someone call Jerry, I see a talon hole.

4. Daft Slice 1986

Daft Slice 1986

Jun 3, 2012
    Man, he is really into tantos.

5. FortyTwoBlades

FortyTwoBlades Baryonyx walkeri Dealer / Materials Provider

Mar 8, 2008
    More like angles and straight lines. Being a survival star does not a good knife designer make. I don't see a one of those "bad boys" that I think is a good design, but they'll sell like crazy because they're "different" and have a celebrity attached to them.

6. pap11y

pap11y

Jul 4, 2012
    I see nothing there of interest to me.

7. Mike L.

Mike L.

Aug 19, 1999
    Sure to be big sellers....
    Wonder if they'll be available at Wally World. :barf:

8. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008
    I see these as being aimed at the BudK crowd.

9. bigghoss

bigghoss

Jul 27, 2011
    Pretty much my thoughts. He may have survival experience but he's not the first guy to spend a night in the wild. So I have to wonder why all of his stuff is such a radical departure from the norm. Did he figure out something that everyone else missed? But then again, maybe he did. It's not like I'm a survival expert.

Aren't they exclusive to Bud K? Or was it SMKW? One of those I think.

10. Marcelo Cantu

Marcelo Cantu Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 18, 2003
    ..............wow..............:rolleyes:

11. comoha

comoha

Jan 12, 2006
    I can see a lot of these knives piling up at police stations after getting pulled off of baggy pants punks.

I'm just gonna come out and say it: I have a lot of hate for that guy. He is the worst version of Alpha-Dog male that reality TV has yet to churn out.

Plus the dude wears two giant wristwatches.:confused:

12. Hawkings

Hawkings

Mar 31, 2006
    Well as far as survival goes, its a hardened piece of sharp steel with a handle on it. it should work very well for survival....stuff. No reason it should not do so.
    I hope the stuff sells well, he and his wife comes across as nice people on TV, and that's as close as I'll ever get to them or the knives, unless I get 1 as a present, I'd like that :)

13. untamed

untamed

Jan 7, 2003
    I'm actually one of those who does like Myke "Say His Name 3X Fast" Hawke.

Among all of the ex-SF-turned-TV-guys (Terry Schappert, Richard Machowicz and Cade Courtley), he's probably the smartest enough to parlay his skills into good enterprise.

But it took all of a second for me to do a face palm to see those folding wing "guards" and scythe-like blade angles and say "What the f**k is that!?"

14. panzertroop

panzertroop Gold Member Gold Member

Aug 8, 2008
    What's with the two watches worn backwards? This guy has became a joke.

15. Smokinape

Smokinape

Jan 21, 2011
    I like the lashable knife, I am always having trouble stabbing bears and pigs... this could really help me out...

16. Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Bear Claw Chris Lappe Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    And under phrases I never thought I'd say......"That Hellion design looks normal compared to those"..............

17. matthew krissak

matthew krissak Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 11, 2005
    Thank god for those manual flip out hand guards. In a knife fight that will totally save me.....as long as my assailant gives me the time to pull them out!

18. Bear Claw Chris Lappe

Bear Claw Chris Lappe Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 20, 2001
    When I first saw these online, I assumed they would be like the old "swing guard" knives, and move into place with the blade.....that they are manual just makes them more goofy.................

19. lightleak

lightleak

Jun 11, 2009
    Ok, which one would you chose if you were FORCED to try/use one of them? I'd give that shovel thingy a try. Slightly surprised by where he sees a „hammer“ on it though...

20. FortyTwoBlades

Mar 8, 2008

Exclusive to SMKW. In terms of being a radical differentiation he's just found a way to make his designs stand out. However, the total absence of curves would make certain kinds of cuts difficult.

By the way, for those who hadn't already figured it out, the shovel, machete, and tomahawk are all made by Condor.