1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

Nakiri!

Discussion in 'Mitchell Custom Knives' started by Mitchell Knives, Jun 17, 2015.

1. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    This is my rendition of a traditional Japanese Nakiri. Nakiri are purpose driven kitchen knives that are designed for processing vegetables.

The blade is constructed of AEB-L steel hardened to 62 HRC. I performed all heat treating operations, including 2 cryogenic treatments.

AEB-L is a great all around steel; especially in the kitchen!

The handle is constructed from walnut and features a black spacer. The handle is an elagonated octagon that is very comfortable in the hand.

The blade features a full height "plungeless" flat grind and a very fine hand rubbed satin finish.

The blade was ground to about .005" prior to sharpening. Fantastic edge geometry!

This is an outstanding cutter that is pleasure to use!

- AEB-L
    - 62 HRC
    - Fine hand rubbed finish
    - Walnut handle
    - Full height "plungeless" flat grind
    - About 12.75" OAL, Actual cutting edge of about 6.8"
    - Razor Sharp

$285

This price includes shipping and all fees.

PayPal or money order preferred.

PayPal Address:

[email protected]

Thanks for looking! :D

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2015
  2. Mitchell Knives

Mitchell Knives Knifemaker Moderator

May 21, 2000
    This one needs a new home!

$285 Shipped!

3. Rotte

Rotte

Aug 30, 2008
    I love this! Is this knife still available?