Neewbie question on a custom knife

Hello, I am new to the forum. I'm hoping someone could help me identify the maker of a custom knife i purcased. I was recently at a gun show, and spotted this knife in a case while looking up and down the aisles. I originally gave it a glance and continued on my way. For some reason, I couldn't get it out of my head, and before I left the show, I bought it. Someone put a lot of work into both the knife and its sheath. It seems pretty well thought out; the finger holes are staggered to fit the hand, and whoever made it thought it more of a slashing knife than a push dagger - the tip is blunt. Even the brass sheath has lots of time into it. Unfortunately, I have no idea who made it; the only mark is a "D." on the blade. Does anyone know who made it? Thank you for your time.
IMG_0461.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0463.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0466.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0468.jpg

Last edited:
Well, whoever made it, did it not long ago. The grind looks like a Besh Wedge from your pics. Where was the show which you purchased this knife? That will gve ushelp figure out where this knife came from. It looks like it is ameture made with little attention to the finish. Still a cool piece of americana.

-X

yeah that opposed bevel thing is totally what Brent Beshara's been all about. Thanks for putting up those pics, that thing is tres cool.

Thanks for the replies, especially the "Besh Wedge" information. I thought my knife was a lot older because of the scabbard. Thanks again.

No,that is not my work.Nice though.The scabbard make me think it's old.Probably from a lot of carry,little use.and thanks for the welcome.

Back