1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New air rifle. Umarex Octane

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Gear' started by Gizler00, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    I got a few gift cards for Christmas and was not sure what I wanted. I did not need anything but decided to pick up a single pump, barrel break air rifle. I always wanted one but never had the extra cash to justify another "toy".

So I went to bass pro shops to pick up a new Umarex Octane gas piston rifle.

I must say, this thing has far exceeded my air rifle expectations. Especially since the last air rifle I shot was a cheap crossman pump up BB gun.

[​IMG]

This thing has crazy power for a .177 pellet rifle.

[​IMG]

The fit and finish on this rifle is amazing. It's heavy but feels very solid and secure while shooting.

[​IMG]

Even has a decent scope. 3x9x40AO. Has adjustment out to 300yards

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here are my results at 25yrds after 5 minutes of sighting it in.

[​IMG]

I highly recommend this rifle.

2. billym

billym

Jan 8, 2006
    Cool, I have been looking into some air rifles as well. Thanks for the post.

3. Gizler00

Gizler00 Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 19, 2006
    No problem man.

I really like this thing so far.
    [​IMG]

That group was from sitting , holding the gun loosely, and lightly resting the barrel on the side of a door frame.