1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New Anso design **The Minos**

Discussion in 'Boker USA' started by ThievesLikeUs, Feb 28, 2012.

1. ThievesLikeUs

ThievesLikeUs

Aug 2, 2009
    Alright this one truly looks sick.Its another German made collab...

Hopefully they fixed the blade play/lock-up issues that seem to plague their German Anso knives.

This knife is just begging for a rainbow anodizing job( well in my opinion at-least)

Overall length: 7.4"
    Blade length: 3.3"
    Weight: 6.5 oz
    Blade thickness: 5.0 mm
    Blade Material: N690BO
    Handle Material: Titanium

110629.jpg

Looks to be a production version of his Outbreak knife model V.279-47

45t.jpg 44t.jpg

From Boker's Website:

A new dimension of titanium frame lock enrich our program. Designed by Jens Anso at maximum stability through the Minos confident with solid, 4 mm thick titanium plates and a 5 mm thick blade N690BO. To underscore this massive construction clip, spacer and thumb button can also be milled from solid titanium. For any torsion wirksamst under control to prevent additional fittings have been incorporated into the shells, which effectively eliminates any possible weak point. If you are looking for a stable pocket knife: here you have found it. The deep cutouts offer excellent grip, the safe operation guaranteed. The bulbous blade offers a lot of cutting line and, with its slight hollow grind for excellent cutting properties. Whether outdoors, everyday, work, or hunting - with Minos, they are always prepared. The special blade finish blends beautifully with the anodized titanium handle and provides the most singular appearance. Up to the challenge, the Minos, an uncompromising tool that lets you down in any situation.Available from May 2012.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  2. jhyde7585

jhyde7585 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 16, 2011
    Love those handles, Im quite pleased with the designs that Boker has been coming out with recently, really great stuff.

Im gaining a greater liking for Anso's knives, yet to grab one though because of the QC issues that seem to plague them.

3. masterj

masterj

Feb 11, 2011
    Just ran across this. Now that's more like it! Producing a truly anso-esque production knife wouldn't be complete without some patterns on that Ti. Now that's an anso design I'm in for. :thumbup:

4. nick425

nick425

Apr 22, 2011
    Love that machining.

5. Munkey69

Munkey69

Dec 17, 2010
    That is sweet. I love my 67, and this one brings a nice change from the plain old G10 or flat Ti slabs. I will be in for this one!

6. Alexander Dietz

Alexander Dietz Banned

Jul 31, 2011
    wow jwc45 you always find sweet stuff i really want this,

Alex dietz

7. Alexander Dietz

Alexander Dietz Banned

Jul 31, 2011
    Looks like the msrp is approx 400, euro to usd conversion hope this will drop to low 200 dollar range.

8. triggahappy28

triggahappy28

Nov 20, 2011
    dude, i need one

9. ThievesLikeUs

ThievesLikeUs

Aug 2, 2009
    I was looking at other Boker knives in that price range and they seem to street out at around $220-$240.

Last edited: May 15, 2012
  10. jprice76

jprice76 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Wow! I love that!

11. Spydiezz

Spydiezz

Aug 1, 2010
    Hey that's the outbreak I won! Awesome now there's finally a name for my knife. It's the perfect Edc tons of cutting edge, thick ti handles and titanium pocket clip. To bad it doesn't have the spydie hole opener like my custom one :(

12. ohmyheckinslc

ohmyheckinslc Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 4, 2005
    Dag-nabbit!

13. Stainz

Stainz

Jun 24, 2007
    Wow... I am even interested!

Stainz

14. kennywoo

kennywoo Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2012
    One heavy arse knife there...but I like!

Interesting design. Will be keeping an eye on this one.

15. PropThePolecat

PropThePolecat

Jan 31, 2009
    That looks great!

I think Boker is doing great with their collaboration knives. Its just too bad, that the Anso line have had so many qc issues. Ive been wanting a Haddock for over a year now, but all the tales of blade-play, etc. keep me away from it.

EDIT: I recently got a secondhand framelock Haddock and it put my worries to shame. Its flawless and the lockup is perfect.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2012
  16. Bwolcott

Bwolcott

Jul 18, 2011
    good looking knife

17. rmoore911

rmoore911

Jan 3, 2012
    Definitely looking into snagging up one of these, got the Albatros and I love the thing except for it's just a little too small for me to use, so it's just sitting in it's box. This Minos looks quite a bit larger, so I think I'll be upgrading if I can find this in stock anywhere.

18. dark impaler

dark impaler Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2011
    now...that's what i'm talking about...been waiting for a 3"-ish anso blade- made in germany....thanks for the pics...

here's to hoping the execution will warrant a purchase...

19. ohmyheckinslc

ohmyheckinslc Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 4, 2005
    Just wish it came with ambi-studs... :(

20. Munkey69

Munkey69

Dec 17, 2010
    I am loving that machined Ti scale. I wish there was a pic of the frame lock