1. Welcome to the New & Improved BladeForums. New software info here. Please report problems in Tech Support, and read existing threads before posting! - Spark
  2. I've changed the default forum style to Flat Awesome based on feedback. Don't like it? Click here to change how the forums look Feedback on this is welcome here.

New clip?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by rockgolfer, Apr 17, 2017.

1. rockgolfer

rockgolfer Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 1, 2008
    I really like my new 21 insingo, the size is perfect for my hand. My only complaint is the bend up at the end of the pocket clip digs into my hand when using the knife hard.

Would love to see pics and here opinions and options on other clips either made by CRK or aftermarket company's.

2. blackend

blackend Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Millit Knives makes a great PC
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

LarryM and rockgolfer like this.
  3. rockgolfer

Mar 1, 2008
    Nice! I'll give their site a look.

Hope does it feel in hand compared to the factory one? It certainly looks better!

4. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    More than any other knives, I find all my Chris Reeve knives feel much better without a clip. I replace all of them with an insert and carry in a sheath either on my belt, in a pocket, or in a bag.

[​IMG]

rockgolfer likes this.
  5. blackend

blackend Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 21, 2002
    To me it feels just fine. Because of the flatness it doesn't grab like the factory clip. Meaning getting caught on stuff.

rockgolfer likes this.
  6. Anarchy84

Anarchy84 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Another vote for Millit clips. Amazing quality.

[​IMG]

LarryM and rockgolfer like this.
  7. Anarchy84

Anarchy84 Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 3, 2016
    Duplicate

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  8. photoman12001

photoman12001 Gold Member Gold Member

May 23, 2008
    Those Millit clips do look sweet, especially the starbust. I might have to try one on my large Starbenza.

rockgolfer likes this.
  9. Swiss_Army_Man

Swiss_Army_Man

May 3, 2011
    I've had and sold my Millit clip. It was a lot harder to get into my pocket due to the smaller ramp, and it didn't have nearly as good retention as the normal clip. It looked better, I'll give it that, but I'll take the function of the stock clip.

T.K.C., Lone_Wolfe and RyanRaben like this.
  10. rockgolfer

Mar 1, 2008
    Thanks for the info Swiss. Looks are not very important to me, they matter, but it's down the list. I can see how the function would not be better with a straight clip like the millit. My top priority is how it feels in hand when using it as a knife. The stock clip with its ramp digs into my hand pretty bad.

Is millit the only company?

11. blanco112

blanco112 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 1, 2016
    There is at least one other company if you google you can probably find. I don't know if they are a paying member so I won't say their name. Another option is to try a ti-lock clip. I think some people like those, but I'm not sure if it will be better in hand.

12. Swiss_Army_Man

Swiss_Army_Man

May 3, 2011
    +1 for a ti-lock clip. I've been waiting for a couple months for them to restock on the website. I called in and they said they are currently working on a larger production of them, so they will hopefully be in stock for more than a day when they're up.

13. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    My Millit clip took a lot of work before I was happy with it but in the end I do actually like it

14. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    What work did you do to yours? I have one inbound and am curious as to what you did.

15. GermanyChris

GermanyChris Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Sanding a shimming but I have the CF clip not the Ti

16. Ickythump

Ickythump Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 8, 2011
    [​IMG]

17. bhyde

bhyde UNNECESSARY EVIL Moderator Platinum Member

Mar 19, 2002
    Not sure this qualifies, but I did make it. Umnumzaan on the far left

[​IMG]

Officer's Match likes this.
  18. Officer's Match

Officer's Match Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 23, 2013
    ^^^ Looks fantastic!

bhyde likes this.
  19. Lone_Wolfe

Lone_Wolfe Dazed and Confused Platinum Member

May 3, 2011
    Another vote for the Ti-Lock clip. Great retention, feels great in the hand, and easier on the pocket when you put the knife in.

[​IMG]